CHAPTER ONE

Pilot

Hey, Upper East Siders, Gossip Girl here, and I have the biggest news ever

Hey, Upper East Siders, Gossip Girl here, and I have the biggest news ever. One of my many sources - Melanie91 - sends us this. "Spotted at grand central, bags in hand, Ella Walker and Serena van
der Woodsen. Was it only a year ago our two it girls mysteriously disappeared for "boarding school"?  And just as suddenly, they're back. Don't believe me? See for yourselves. Lucky for us, melanie91 sent proof. Thanks for the photo, Mel.

***

Ella and Serena got out of the lift and made it the party that Eleanor was hosting.

"Serena van der Woodsen and Ella Walker? Is that you?" She asked making them both turn around.

"Let's go find mom." Serena said to Ella and they started walking.

"Mom. Mom."

"Hey." Ella smiled.

"Oh! I've missed you both so much." Lily said and hugged them.

"Um, so where is he?" Serena asked and Lily gave them a look.

"What, they haven't let him out yet?" Ella asked talking about Eric who was like a little brother to her.

"Oh, let's not discuss that right now, okay?
I thought you both might want to see some of your friends." Lily said.

"Yeah. Thanks."

Ella turned around to see Nate stood there staring at her with a smile. He went
to walk over but Blair got in the way.

"Hi!" She greeted and hugged them.

"Hi!"

"Serena! Ella! It's so good to see you! How are you both?"

"Good to see you!"

"Come, we're about to have dinner." Blair invited.

"I'll set a place for you either side of Blair." Eleanor added.

"Yeah, actually, um, there's somewhere we have to be." Ella told her.

"You're leaving?" Blair asked.

"Yeah, we just... we don't feel that well. We just wanted to come by and say hi." Serena told.

"We'll see you at school tomorrow." Ella smiled before they walked off.

***