CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

The Goodbye Gossip Girl

Like everything on the Upper East Side, high school graduation is done a little differently

Like everything on the Upper East Side, high school graduation is done a little differently. Who needs pomp and circumstance when you have paparazzi?

***

Ella, Serena and Blair were in a restaurant and people kept staring and whispering.

"Ever since Gossip Girl broke my arrest it has been everywhere. Do you know Eric found it in Pravda?" Ella said.

"You're famous because you got arrested. Of course this happened to you." Blair said.

"I just can't wait for this day go be over. The end of high school means the end of me on Gossip Girl." 

"Well, the has plagued you more than anyone. You were her first blast. Ninth grade, if I remember correctly. It involved a white dress, some rain and a recently docked aircraft carrier." Serena said with a smile.

"Okay, let's just hope that my mugshot is the last thing she ever prints about me." Ella said.

"Look, on the bright side, Gossip Girl does not report on college so this is your last day to be under her rule." Blair told.

"Can we just take my mind off of me? Talk about anything else."

"Then why are we still here? We've already paid the cheque." Blair said and they left.

As soon as they stepped out, the paparazzi was all over them.

"Ella. Ella!"

The three got in the limo and it drove off.

***

They were now at school.

"Dear friends, colleagues as we stand here today we bear witness to a bright new beginning." Miss Cuela started to speak and as she did everyone's phones chimed.

Not so fast. You're not graduating until I give you my diplomas. Mine are labels and labels stick. Nate Archibald - class whore. Dan Humphrey - the ultimate insider. Chuck Bass - coward. Blair Waldorf - weakling. And as for Ella Walker and Serena van der Woodsen, after today, you are officially irrelevant. Congratulations, everyone. You deserve it.

"Now please join me in welcoming the class of 2009. Class, please stand."

"You were right, B. Nobody can take this day away from us." Serena said.

"Gossip Girl is going down." Ella added.

***

It was the party later when everyone's phones beeped.