CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR

The Unblairable Lightness of Being

Up and at em, Upper East Siders. It's time to awake from our slumber and learn the hard truth... that some nightmares don't end once we open our eyes.

***

Ella and Nate walked in to see Chuck messing with something in the kitchen.

"You're not gonna find anything in there." Ella said.

"Luckily for me, I own a bar downstairs." Chuck replied.

"Hey, hey, hey. Drink this. Look, we have know this has to do with whatever's going on between you and Blair. Okay, you got
the Empire back. You two should be celebrating, not fighting." Nate said.

"You wanna tell us what's going on?" Ella asked.

"Here." Nate handed him the cup.

"I thought our relationship could withstand anything. Apparently, I was wrong." Chuck said.

"Well, you still love her, don't you? Then show her that you're sorry. Take her to Blue Hill upstate or buy her those Louboutins at Saks." Ella said.

"I'd have to buy Saks itself, and that still wouldn't be enough. She doesn't want to talk to me. I've tried." Chuck said.

"When?"

"Look, you haven't been outside in days." Nate said.

"She asked me to leave her alone." Chuck told them.

"You don't wanna wait too long, Chuck, or she'll think you don't care."

"Excuse me." He said and walked away.

"You think it worked?" Ella asked. "Well, maybe you'll have better luck with Blair."

"Wait, what? You're making me do this alone?" Nate asked.

"Breakfast with the Humphreys,
remember? Let me know how it goes. Good luck." Ella kissed him before leaving.

***

Ella was outside when Carter came up to her.

"Hello, beautiful. Glad you came." He said and they started walking.

As for Ella, looks like she's playing with fire.

Ella walked into Blair's apartment.