CHAPTER THREE

Poison Ivy

There's plenty of upside to being the spawn of the fabulously wealthy

There's plenty of upside to being the spawn of the fabulously wealthy. But the downside? Super successful parents expect nothing less from their offspring. And when it comes to college, that means the Ivys. It's more than just getting into college. It's setting a course for the rest
of your life. And for those few who aren't legacies, the pressures are no less. When parents have sacrificed for their children's futures, what kid would wanna let them down?

***

"Girls, come on. Hurry up. You're gonna
be late." Lily said as she entered their room.

"We are! And we know." Ella said.

"You shouldn't have stayed at your brother's again. Why sleep there? It's not like he can even see you. His eyes are closed." Lily told them.

"Do you have one maternal bone in your entire body?" Serena asked.

"The answer is no." Ella smiled.

"You both need your rest, okay? It's Ivy Week. It's seems you have forgotten."

"Trust me, I can't." Ella muttered.

"I know, if I can get out of this hotel room, it's my sole mission in life to impress that Brown rep." Serena told her.

"I'm so thrilled to hear you say that's still your plan. Because I know it's something we've always talked about, but honestly since you've been back, I've wondered if your mind was even on college. Especially you, Ella." Lily rambled on.

"I've had my mind on a lot of things. But since recent refreshing events, going away to college sounds pretty good." Ella said as she was also rushing.

"How did you leave things with Dan?" Lily asked.

"Don't bring that up." Serena whispered to her.

"I don't wanna talk about it. I thought we were friends but clearly not."

"What's going on with you and Blair?" Lily kept on firing questions.

"Mom, please! All I want to do is just finish high school in peace, and go away to a state with lots of people who don't recognise me and just start over, okay?" Ella said.

"Come on, let's go." Serena said and they rushed out the door.

"Take a cab, don't walk." Lily shouted as they were through the door.