CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

Seder Anything

When you lose hope in a dream, sometimes all you're left with are sleepless nights

When you lose hope in a dream, sometimes all you're left with are sleepless nights. While some call the doctor for a refill, I find the best solution is a full social calendar.

***

Ella had decided that she needed a break. Last week she had gone to Spain with Serena and Poppy. When it was time for them to come back Ella still needed more time so she stayed with Gabriel.

She was now back in New York and the men just brought her luggage in.

"The prodigal daughter returns. How was Spain?" Chuck asked.

"Amazing. Perfect."

"I'm sure. You Serena and Poppy dancing on table tops in Barcelona, sunbathing nude in Costa Del Sol."

"More like me Serena and Poppy and her boyfriend Gabriel on the coast. I just read and ate and, you know, swam."

"So there was nude sunbathing."

"Is my mom around?" Ella asked.

"I haven't seen her, but I have been occupied. Last night's entertainment." Chuck said as a girl walked past.

"I'm guessing you found a way to get over Blair then."

"Well, there was a detour with a boho barista. And then I realised I'm a 17 year old billionaire with tremendous stamina. Tonight I have a date with the Bolshoi's lead ballerina. By the way, I saw Serena and Poppy Lifton at the Rose Bar last week. It's funny how they can be there yet still in Spain with you."

***

"Hey, Mom. Nice shoes." Ella said as she walked into the living room.

"Could you give us a moment?" Lily asked Rufus.

"Welcome back." He said before walking out.

"Thanks." Ella smiled. "Mom, I know you're upset."

"No, I'm furious. First you trash the apartment, then you run away to Spain."

"I'm sorry. I am, I've just... I've been feeling really lost." Ella said.

"Oh, spare me, Ella. The only thing that is lost is your sense of responsibility and consideration. It seems to me like the old Ella is back, and I'm not very happy to see her. So you might want to take your coat off, because you're grounded." Lily said and walked away into the room.