CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Much 'I Do' About Nothing

Ella had found Serena.

"Hey. I was meant to ask, how was things with Dan this morning?" She asked.

"Yeah, they were good. I explained our situation, well mainly yours, but I explained my part in it and he understood."

"I'm so glad. I think Dan might be the right one for you, S. I mean it." Ella said with a smile.

"Yeah, I think so too." Serena said. "If anything like this happens again, you promise you'll come to me no matter what."

"I promise."

***

They had plotted a plan to get rid of Georgina and hopefully for good.

"Oh, you're not alone, G. We're here now - and we brought some people who really, really want to see you." Ella said as they stepped out.

"I think you remember your parents." Blair said and turned to them.

The only thing feared by the spawn of Satan? Mom and Dad. Leave it to the 'it' girls to know that bitches don't just happen.

"I..."

They're made... by parents even more wicked than their offspring.

"Okay, I'm... mom, dad, this is not what
you think. You have to believe me."

"There, there, Georgie. It's gonna be okay." Blair said.

"No, this time, it won't." Her mom said.

"Or it won't." Ella grinned.

"Your parents were so worried, G. They told me everything - how you're supposed to be on the equestrian circuit but sold your show pony for cocaine." Blair said.

"That was a difficult time, but I've put that behind me." She said.

"When? When you were in rehab? It's hard to get clean when you hitchhike into town, steal a credit card and book a ticket to Ibiza." Ella said.

"You didn't see where they sent me. I mean, that place was awful. It was in Utah. At least I lasted longer than Lohan." Georgina replied.

"We were trying to help." Her mom said.

"I've had enough. I have to go."

"Georgina, stop." Her dad said.

"Yes, stay, Georgina, we'll go. Oh, that reminds me. I almost forgot to leave you the information I discussed with your parents." Ella said and handed her the leaflet.

"What's this?" She asked.

"Where you're going." Her dad answered.

"A boot camp for troubled girls." Her mom added.

"Blair and Ella was kind enough to do some research."

"Haven't you heard? I'm the crazy bitch around here." Blair told her.

"I told you what would happen if you messed with me or any of us again. Have fun at reform school." Ella said and the pair walked away.

***

It was the next few days after the wedding.

"So... Tuscany with Chuck? Sounds romantic." Serena said.

"Yeah, just minus the Chuck part." Ella giggled.

"He invited me... in his father's private plane. And I was headed to France, so..." Blair explained.

"So it's worth a week with Chuck to avoid airport security?" Serena asked.

"Oh, don't worry. I'm gonna frisk him."

"Oh! B, gross!"

"Yeah, way too much information." Ella added.

"What can I say? He brings out the worst
in me. And weirdly, I think I bring out the best in him. He's been a perfect gentleman this whole week." Blair told.

"Is that why you're driving yourself to the airport?" Serena asked.

"He wanted to see his dad before he left. Besides, we're taking the helicopter to Teterboro. I have to sit in the jump seat so that I can tell the pilot if I have any thoughts on his flying."

"Oh, B, what's it gonna take to get you to relax?" Ella asked.

"Chuck."

"Oh! God! Our ears are bleeding! Make it stop!" The three all laughed.

"You gonna be okay? Alone all summer without your best friend who always gets you out of trouble?" Blair asked.

"I have Serena. And I'm looking forward to staying out of trouble for a while." Ella said.

"Have you talked to Dan?" Blair asked Serena.

"No. Not since the wedding. It's for the best... for him, for me. I'm fine."

***

Ella was walking down the street and she bumped into Nate.

"Hey!"

"Hey!"

"I was just seeing off Blair." Ella said.

"I was just on the phone with Chuck."

"Blair and Chuck... now there's a combination you can root for."

"Yeah, well, if they're happy, I guess I'm happy." Nate said.

"Oh, come on, Nate. When have you ever been happy?" Ella asked.

"Wow! The gloves are off today, aren't they?" Nate laughed.

"I am feeling frisky. You of all people know how I get in the summer."

"Yeah, I do."

"You won't have to witness any of it. I'm locking myself away in the Hamptons house. It is a summer to reflect alone."

"I could not agree more. I just need to take a break away from everything and everyone."

"Yeah. Hey. Um, if you wanna reflect alone together, I'll be around." Ella told him.

"What are you up to now?" Nate asked and she smiled.

They say a leopard can't change his spots, but some things do change... the path not taken can become a road trip... being grounded can lead to something ground breaking... And whether they're sweating
it out on the sultry sidewalks or cooling their heels in the Hamptons, no one does summer like New Yorkers. Grab your shades and your sunblock. This one looks like a scorcher. Until then, you know you love me. XOXO, Gossip Girl.