CHAPTER ELEVEN

Roman Holiday

Hey, Upper East Siders

Hey, Upper East Siders. It's Christmas in New York, and along with the season, comes the Constance Billard / St Jude's Bazaar, where the only thing bizarre are the donated items for sale.

***

It was the next few days and Ella was walking down the street when she bumped into Serena.

"There you are." Serena said.

"Hey. I got your message, did you want to ask me something?" Ella said.

"Yes, a gift idea for Dan now Vanessa got him the most thoughtful Dan-like present ever."

"Why don't you just buy him a new outfit and call it a day? I'm sorry, but I'm really in a rush." Ella said.

"Thank you for being totally not helpful at all. See you later." Serena said.

"Yeah. Bye." Ella said and continued walking.

***

"Hey. You told me to come right away. Is everything all right?" Ella asked as she entered Blair's room.

"Yeah."

"Why aren't you with your dad?" Ella questioned as she sat on the bed next to her.

"Uh, I need your login for the agency site from your modelling days." Blair said.

"My modelling days? I did one print ad for Gap when I was 12." Ella told her and Blair gave her a look. "What, are you holding an open call or something?"

"I have one specific look in mind."

"Uh, okay, well , I don't know if it'll still even be in here, but..." Ella trailed off and typed the password and it worked. "Well, look at that."

"Addresses and phone numbers. Perfect. You know, I called you an hour ago. BTW, you're late." Blair told.

"Um, you're lucky I'm even here at all. It's Christmas Eve, and have you seen the sales?" Ella asked. "What are you doing anyway?"

"I'm booking me a model."

***

Ella, Serena and Dan were in Blair's room cutting stars made of paper for her present for Dan.

"Dorota's gonna kill you if you get glue on that comforter." Blair told them.

"Sorry we've turned your room into an art studio, B." Serena said.

"Yeah, and the clock is ticking." Ella added.

"I'm done." Vanessa said and showed them the computer.

"Oh my gosh. Wow. That's... amazing. Thank you so much, Vanessa. This is gonna be... incredible." Serena said.

"Good. I'm glad I could help. I think he'll really love it." Vanessa commented.

"Vanessa? I think I'd like to help with this little project. Would you come and help me find another pair of scissors?" Blair asked and they walked into the bathroom.

***

After a bit, they both walked out.

"I'm taking off. Call me when you're done?" Vanessa said and grabbed her stuff.

"Okay. Where you going?" Serena asked
and she just left.

"I'm gonna go check on my daddy." Blair said.

"I thought you were gonna help?" Eric asked.

"I think my work's done here." Blair said and walked out.

"Oh, hello." Lily greeted.

"Hi."

"Goodbye. When you three are done hiding up here, I'm taking you all out for dessert." Lily said.

"Can't, mom. I'm busy." Serena replied.

"But this is important for our family. It'll just be the four of us."

"Mom, we all know that when you say the four of us it means you're dating someone new. Whoever it is, I don't care. I'll just meet him at the wedding." Ella said.

"And me." Serena said.

"Fine, fine. Then I will just tell you who it
is, because you're gonna be seeing him around from now on. It's Bart Bass." Lily announced.

"Bart Bass?" The three said in unison.

"Mom, seriously you can't date Bart Bass." Ella told her.

"You just said a moment ago you didn't
care who it was."

"That was before I knew."

"He only has one facial expression. He scares me." Eric added.

"And he raised Chuck. That scares ME." Serena said.

"Oh, as usual, you're all being overly dramatic. I'm not marrying Bart. This is very casual, and regardless, I'm not asking your permission." Lily said and walked out.

***

It was the next day when everyone was opening their presents.

"Ella, Eric, Serena, I just want you to know that I have deep feelings for your mother." Bart told them and her phone rang.

"Mom, your phone."

"Oh. Uh, Lily, you're not gonna want to interrupt this moment." Bart said and got down holding a box revealing a ring.

Other presents come when you least expect them. And everyone knows the biggest present comes in the smallest box.

"Lily... would you do me the honour of being my wife?" He asked.

"This is just great." Ella muttered.

Then there are those boxes you wish you had never opened. Have a holly jolly Christmas. XOXO, Gossip Girl.