𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

Are they human was the only thing I could think about. They all had human mannerisms, but none of them looked the part. We all sat at a long-painted black oak table in silence. The faceless or Slender man, as I should call him, was their leader. Jeff squeezed my hand under the table, giving me a frightened expression I've never seen. Slender Man sat at the head of the table and cleared his throat. (If he even had one)

"Well, there are extraordinary circumstances indeed; you've caused quite the fuss with the police," He said in a strangely kind tone for the words spoken.

He continued, " Now, my dear y/n, I don't believe this is your fault, so don't fret; Jeff and Jack, on the other hand...well, I'm not sure where to start with you."

Jeff didn't seem scared anymore. He just seemed still. I stared into his unblinkable eyes, waiting for him to say something, but he never did. I wouldn't have expected him to either, all things considered. I'm not sure what they had talked about when Jeff had left for so long, but I doubt it was anything that could help his case. I'm unsure why I wanted to help him, but I did. He might have put me through hell and back, but he's all I have now. A slight ping in my heart went off as I remembered my dad's death.

"What if we just recruited her? It's not like she has to die. Don't act like an extra set of hands wouldn't be nice," EJ mumbled, to my surprise. Holy shit did "THE" Eyeless Jack just try to help a situation that involved me not being killed. There were mumbles of agreement that went across the table. Even Jeff looked shaken up by EJ's comment.

" I suppose it's settled then, y/n. How would you feel about staying here and working with the other?" Slender Man said in a monotone voice.

"Uh, When you say work-" I started

"Yes, I mean taking lives," He said.

I close my mouth. I would be taking lives. I would be a killer. A murder. Just for a boy. I looked over at Jeff, who was already staring at me pleadingly. He isn't just a boy anymore. It was Jeff. Despite everything that I've suffered, I still wanted him.

"Ok," I whispered.

Jeff instantly sighed in relief. Letting himself sink back in his chair. I looked over at Toby and EJ, who gave me nods of approval. I've just agreed to become a killer for a psychotic boyfriend.

Sounds like it would make a great story, to be honest.

I'm back :)