𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗

I wake up the next morning hungry, too scared to wake Jeff. I quietly try to slip out of the bed, being cautious of his sleeping figure. I started to change quietly when I heard a whistle.

I look over at awake Jeff.

"Looking good," He said in a deep voice, still full of sleep.

"Good to know," I say, grinning and looking at him.

He yawned loudly and started to get out of bed. I quickly blushed, seeing that he wasn't wearing anything but boxers. I turn my head and focus on trying to get my hoodie on.

I feel him wrap his arms around my waist. I've concluded that this might be his favorite thing to do, so trying to break free is just not an option. He quickly let after the door swung open (twice in 48 hours that people did just not fucking knock)

"Y-Y-Y/N," Toby yelled, looking quite distraught.

EJ appeared behind him and rolled his eyes

"I told you he wouldn't kill her," He muttered

"I was just c-checking," Toby said, looking slightly better than before he interrupted Jeff and me.

In an almost whisper voice, EJ leans over to Toby and says

"You owe me twenty bucks".

Jeff throws a pillow at EJ and slams the door shut. I started howling, and from the sounds of it, Toby did too.

"Fucking hell, as soon as I thought EJ and I were getting along," I said, rolling my eyes. Jeff looked at me very suddenly. "I didn't know you even tried to in the first place," He said in a low tone. "Well, I thought I'd try, considering you seem the closest," I said in a panicked voice. Pissing Jeff off usually gets you killed or injured, so I try to avoid doing so a lot more recently. I even stopped telling him to go fuck himself. "Yeah, he still fucking eats people's organs, don't forget that doll," Jeff said with a solemn look on his face. He quietly started playing with my hair and pulled me close.

"EJ is a fucked up guy...I know he can't help who he is or what he is- but the people around him suffer because of it," He said darkly. This was the first time I've seen Jeff not shit-talk his friend. Well, semi not talk shit.

"Fuck you," EJ said in a muffled voice behind the door. Jeff and I look at each other, confused. EJ enters the room.

"You want to talk about what I am? " EJ hissed, taking off his mask.

I flinch at the sight of empty sockets with black liquid dripping.

"AT LEAST I'M SOMETHING YOUR JUST A HUMAN WHO FUCKING CRAVED A SMILE IN HIS FACE BECAUSE HE HAS BROTHER ISSUES. "

It happened before I could even stop it. Jeff punched Jack square in the face.

                                                              I'm back, haha~