𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

Jeff did that a lot, saying he would keep me safe. But how safe can you keep someone if you're the danger?

"You should probably talk to him," EJ said, breaking me away from my line of thought.

It must be bad because he seemed genuine for once.

"She is not talking to anyone. Just get out, Jack. I'll talk to him," Jeff said, rubbing his temple and sighing.

" I'm just saying that if y/n talks to Slender Man, you might have less of a hard time keeping her safe from Liu."

Jeff flinched at the sound of the name "Liu."

"I'm not willing to take that risk."

"I'll talk to him," I said, standing up.

"Don't even start that shit with me right now, y/n," Jeff growled.

"What's the worst that can happen? I die? I've been having near-death experiences since you came into my life, Jeff. I think I can handle one more," I said, rolling my eyes.

" I fucking saved you, your dad was a drunk bastard, and your mom is fucking dead I saw how your teacher looked at you like he was gonna snap one day and try something with you. I knew it all,l I wasn't gonna fucking kill you that day; I said what I said so you'd be scared. If I hadn't come when I did, you would have fucking killed yourself, so I think I've saved you in a lot more ways than I have almost killed you," Jeff yelled.

I started to feel tears forming in my eyes.

I couldn't even be mad because he was right. If he was fucked up, then I was even more fucked up because I didn't even question it.

Jeff walked over and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Please at least talk to him before you do, ok? I need to ensure you're safe," he whispered, stroking my hair.

"Wow, I'm never getting in a fucking relationship," EJ said, shaking his head dumbfounded.