𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏

I stood there replaying the situation over and over again in my head. I was in shock that Jeff had stabbed Jack. Masky and Hoodie were no longer joking around about the problem. They were talking solemnly to Jeff, trying to calm him down. I had a lot of resentment for him at that moment. Despite feeling him staring at me intensely, I wouldn't look him in the eye, so I quietly slipped out of the room and looked for EJ. I see Jane still dragging, and I quickly rush over and take his feet as she lifts his arm.

"Thanks," she said, grunting, trying to balance EJ's weight to a door across the haul. The door was already open, and in the room was a medical table. We carefully placed EJ on the table so we could see the wound.

"Fuck man, you're gonna need stitches," Jane said, sighing.

"No way I'm letting you do my stitches last time; you forgot how to halfway, and I almost bled out," EJ snapped at her.

"I-I'll do it," I said, offering in a shaky voice.

EJ looked at me surprised and started again.

"Y/n, I'm sorry, oh my god, I was trying to punch Jeff and-"

"I know," I said, nodding. I opened the same medical box next to the table, put on some gloves, and started looking for the correct needles and deciding how to stitch.

"You know how to do this?" EJ asked, removing his mask and turning his head toward me.

"Yeah, um, my mom used to, like, hurt herself and refused real help, so I'd kinda take over," I said quietly.

"Damn, with that kinda trauma shit, you'll fit right in here," Jane said, laughing.

"You're not kidding," EJ replied.

"Stay still," I told EJ as I stitched his back.

Jane quickly left the room, mumbling about getting sick. EJ stays there in silence, not flinching or anything to indicate he's in pain.

EJ breaks the silence.

"How is Jeff," He says, almost like he doesn't care but wants to make small talk.

"The usual fucking crazy," I say, rolling my eyes and gritting my teeth.

"It didn't used to be the usual for him. Believe it or not, when he first joined, he was a lot more chill and maybe even shy..."

I looked at EJ in curiosity.

"What happened?"

EJ's jaw tightened, and he looked disgusted.

"Slender Man happened; he takes these broken people and fucking brainwashes them or something; he makes people like Jeff think it's ok to do what he does."

"Well, you're here, why?"

I questioned.

"I'm a monster, y/n, like an actual monster, not even human anymore; I'm accepted here. I literally can not live without eating human organs. I didn't want to be this way, and all the monsters probably didn't either, but there's nowhere else for us to go," He says in a dead tone.

I've never seen EJ so severe; he seemed to be in his feelings and, quite frankly, a good person. He always jokes around and is playful with Jeff. Was it all a lie?

"I was and am rude and kinda hate you because I envy you and am kinda upset with you," He said, sighing.

"Envy," I say, finishing the final stitch on his back.

"You're so human...don't get me wrong, it's kinda gross, and female humans are icky, but I wish I could be human again so I didn't have to fucking be here; you came here willingly here though it's like you throwing your life away for some guy that's probably only going to go more insane with time,"

Before saying anything else, I thought about what he said for at least four minutes.

"You're so quote-unquote playful and somewhat happy even? When you're hanging out with Jeff and Toby, though, I don't understand."

EJ smirked before answering,

"They accept me for what I am. That makes it better knowing they don't judge me, and despite Jeff attacking me, he'll be talking to me in two days. I might not be the biggest fan of Slender or this place, but I have friends, and I hope that after all of this, you and I can be like real friends too, y/n?"

I look at him and grin. "I don't know, man, you're kinda a dick to me."

"Oh, I'll still be kinda a dick to you, but in all fairness, your kinda a bitch, so we'll even each other out, and I got all gross and sentimental with you, so you can't say no."

I started laughing and nodded. I was enjoying EJ's out-of-character maturity.

"Alright, consider us officially friends," I said, grinning.

I suddenly needed to tell Jeff that EJ and I were friends.

Then I remembered what he had done and stopped.

"Just go talk to him," EJ said, rolling his non-existent eyes as if he could read my mind.

And that's what I went to do.

Ok, EJ is slowly turning into the best sassy gay a girl like Y/n could ask for...we stan.