Chapter 39

Two days after the attack on the Reverse Mountain Base, news coos delivered the news to the public. The marines' failure being shown throughout the world, as well as the news of the pirate crew that defeated the marines.

Windmill Village, East Blue

In the Party Bar, the owner was reading the day's paper then at the new wanted posters. She pulled up the wanted poster for Leah and smiled. Suddenly the door opened, and the mayor came in as fast as his old body could.

"Makino!" He shouted clutching his cane tightly. "Did you hear the news?"

Makino poured the old man a glass of whiskey. "I have, it's good to see that Leah is having fun with her friends."

"Those people aren't friends their criminals." The old man said taking a seat at the bar and starts taking sips of his drink. "Hear I was hoping she wouldn't follow in her father's footsteps, but I guess that saying about like father like daughter is true."

Throughout the West Blue, people all around the ocean learned of what happened at the marine base. Pirate's all over set sail for the Grandline.

"The marines have fallen men now's the time, to the Grandline!" A pirate captain yelled.

"Yeah!" The crew shouted.

They set sail, taking their chance to leave the West Blue. Behind them a dozen other pirate ships were also taking the opportunity.

In the village, Genoa was serving food and drinks to a packed bar. After placing a plate of food in front of a customer she looks at the wall behind the bar to see a wanted poster of her brother. She smiled until Moergan yelled for her assistance.

On the island of Manil, the locals were partying at the news of marine bases fall and waving Hon's wanted poster proud of their accomplishments.

A party was taking place on the streets of Baydon. People were chanting Gail's name. Customers waiting for their ships to be repaired were annoyed.

The news also made waves in the New World. The Red Hair Pirates celebrated like no tomorrow. The captain shouting, "That's my girl!"

However, on Whole Cake Islan Big Mom shouted as her children stayed away waiting for her to calm down. They all complained of their wayward sister. Katakuri meanwhile stared at his sister's wanted poster with an unreadable expression.

Back on the Greed Dragon the crew got the news after an hour after they set sail. The reaction to their bounties were mixed. Leah, Atlanta, Todo, Gail, and the Okay twins were celebrating. William and Hon turned white with fear. Li gave a blank look at no one in particular. Truffle smiled but looked a little anxious.

"Our bounties went up! Our bounties went up!" Annie and Andy were shouting and waving their bounty posters. "We now have 10 million belle bounties."

Leah grinned. "I do love jumping 100 million belles to 170 million belles."

Atlanta was also grinning at her 90 million belles wanted poster. Todo strumming his guitar singing 50 million belle bounty. Gail just smiled at her poster and the 38 million price on her head.

Atlanta checked on Truffle. She saw that the chef had a 71 million belle bounty. "Hey, how are you?"

"Happy, but scarred my mother is going to be waiting for us." She said with a mix of emotions.

"That mother of yours she's not as bad as the marines?" William asked. "Because an 18 million bounty seems to show that they hate us."

"We are pirates, the marines are supposed to hate us." Hon said. "Besides a 36 million belles bounty sends a stronger message."

"What about you Li? What's your bounty?" Leah asked.

He looked at the captain. "87 million."

Leah smiled widely then gave a thumbs up. "Nice!"

"Okay cool but what about Truffle's mom?" Andy asked.

"Yeah, what about her?" Annie asked.

Truffle rubbed the back of her head. "Well..."

On Whole Cake Island, Big Mom was still rampaging around her throne room. "That no good insolent brat, I will."

Back on the Green Dragon, the crew minus Leah, William, and Atlanta just stared at her in shock. Leah just smiled. "I have something to tell you guys."

"What's that captain?" Andy asked.

"Well..." Leah started.

On an abandoned island, Red Haired Shanks and his crew partied and finished up the reserve booze they had. Shanks used his arm to wave his daughter's wanted poster with pride. His first mate just smoked his cigarette and shook his head.

The crew on the Green Dragon looked even more shocked. This time they were looking at Leah.

Hon shaking their head collected themselves. "Is there anyone else connected to an Emperor?"

Most of the crew shook their heads. Hon took a deep breath. "Okay, so do we still have to worry about the Big Mom Pirates?"

"Yeah." Truffle said embarrassingly.

"Do you think we have anything to worry about Red Hair?" Hon asked.

"I don't think so." Leah said. "I haven't seen him in 7 years."

"Is he the reason why we are going to the New World?" Todo asked.

"It's part of the reason." Leah answered.

"Okay, I have an important question I want to ask him." Todo said.

The crew groaned. Li looked up at him curiously. "What's the question?" He asked.

Todo smiled. "It's a question that I need to ask you?"

Li stared impassively at the musician. "What's your question?"

Todo's smile widened. "What kind of woman is your type?"

Atlanta and Gail punched him on the top of his head. Leah laughed at the antics. Li gave Todo a look of disbelief, not believing that someone would ask that in front of multiple women. He questioned if this was the right crew for him, but Hon nodded at him in a reassuring smile. He looked towards the crew party in celebration for their higher bounties.

To be continued...

New bounties are awarded to our merry crew. I am glad to move one step closer in the story. Please leave a comment and hit that star button. Thank you for reading and hope you guys are doing well.