Chapter 2: Discovery

Disclaimer: I don't know every Southeast Asian country's cultures, beliefs and religious practices, so if someone wants to correct me on something, you are free to do so. Just make it relevant to the story, and again, this is just a fanfic
-------
July 16, 2032(1532)

"At 12:00 AM, Greenwich Mean Time. All through out the USEAN peninsula, people witness an extremely bright light in the horizon. Several minor accidents were reported, both security health personnel are now on rou-"

"Orang ramai di seluruh kesatuan kini berada dalam keaduan tidak tenteram, rusuhan meletus dari Kuala Lumpur ke Manila. Agensi kerajaan telah-"

"Nhân viên chính phủ hiện đang dập tắt vô số cuộc bạo loạn trên khắp Liên minh, một số khu vực và thành phố lớn hiện đang bị phong tỏa hoặc đã ban bố thiết quân luật vì các vụ bạo lực ngày càng trở nên tồi tệ-"

"Sa ngayon ay wala paring statement mula sa Prime Minister ukol sa pangyayaring ito. Karamihan sa ating mga kababayang USEAN ay takot o naguguluhan kung ano yung napakaliwanag na ilaw mula sa kalangit-"

-------

With an audible click, the TV was turned off by none other than the Prime Minister herself, Prime Minister Marianne Lin. She was only at her 2nd year of being the Prime Minister of USEAN, she was making a slow and steady progress of improving USEAN after an almost when suddenly this happened.

To her mind, this might be the greatest challenge that she will experience as of yet, during her term...she only wished that it couldn't get any worse from here on...

"Ma'am, are you alright?" A gentle voice asks her in concern, it was Hakeem. Hakeem was her personal secretary and an old college friend, they went to the same University and they're also practitioners of law. But Lin was the only one that managed to get high of a position.

"I'm fine, Hakeem..." She reassured him, but he looked unsure still. "And please, call me Lin when its only us... You make me feel old", she slightly chuckled. She massaged her head, indeed it was stressful when everyone was calling out that it was an unprovoked Nuclear Attack from China, or any country that has Nukes in them.

"For now Hakeem, call any Chairman/Chairwoman of my ministry that is available at this hour. Tell them that its an emergency, we are now on "Charlie 3" danger, and tell them to gather any notable reports", after she said that, Hakeem nodded and took out his phone and started to call anyone that's available.

In the meantime, Lin was changing her clothes from sleepwear to formal wear. After that she was preparing her speech to the people if the meeting manage to finish a lot early, she will address her people immediately to dampen this hot topic.

-Timeskip-

05:25 AM, USEAN Building, East Wing 1st Floor, Nusantara, Indonesia

Everyone inside the building was in a state of panic, phone calls left and right were heard through out the hallway, people carrying boxes of papers everywhere, journalists and news reporters trying to get an interview from anyone while soldiers, police and even the Prime Ministers Secret Service were guarding the building itself.

Some of the news reporters and journalists then spotted a convoy of 3 up armoured vans with sirens blaring, one of them said, "Look! It's the prime minister!"

With that said, every single one of them ran up to the convoy but they were blocked yet again by the soldiers, then one of the vans opened its door. Prime Minister then came out of the van as she was bombarded with flashing lights from cameras and questions from the reporters and journalists like: