Fourteen: Desperate

ZAHRIA

I am going insane. Not because I am being held hostage, no, that's not even my main concern here. I can roam the house, cook for myself, and watch TV.

What I am worried about is how I empathised with him. With my captor. The raw pain in his voice, and the vulnerability on his face when I asked him why he didn't become a cricketer.

He even explained all the rules of the game patiently. Twice. I never expected that.

Is this what Stockholm Syndrome is?

No. What happened with him is wrong, brutal but kidnapping me for that isn't right either.

Yeah, I am going insane.

I threw open my bedroom door which he hadn't locked for the past few days and I marched downstairs, determined to find him.

The living room was empty and so was the kitchen, so, I decided to explore the other rooms until I stumbled upon one such room where I could hear some heavy breathing coming from inside.

Curious, I slowly pushed open the door, eyes widening when my eyes landed on the naked back of my captor as he did the pull-ups, grunting and groaning as he did it.

He did it so effortlessly and when paired with the noises he made, it only made me feel hot, my mouth drying.

My eyes trailed down to his side where there were several burn marks along with several other scars which were scattered all over his back but it did nothing to lessen his appeal.

His muscles bulged with every movement and glistened with sweat making me lick my lips.

I allowed myself another few seconds to drool over him before I composed myself just as he jumped down from the pull-up bar, shoulders tensing with pain when he landed on his feet.

He flung a look over his shoulder directly at me as if he knew I was there all along, lips twisting up into a smirk. "Are you done ogling me, darling?"

I blushed on being caught but covered it by scoffing, averting my eyes. "You think too highly of yourself."

He walked closer until he loomed over me and placing his forearm against the doorframe, he leaned down. "Yeah? So, you are telling me that if I reach into your panties, I won't find you dripping?"

My eyes almost bulged out of my sockets at his crass words but my body betrayed me, my clit throbbing.

I managed to grimace at him, taking a step back. "You are a fucking pervert. Stay away from me."

His smirk widened and his arm shot forward, wrapping around my waist and he pulled me flush against his chest.

I placed my palms on his chest, pushing him away. "What the hell? Leave me."

His other arm trailed teasingly down my body, fingers brushing the side of my breasts in the process as they travelled lower. "Maybe I want to find out", he whispered huskily.

I glowered at him as I wriggled around. "I am going to fucking kick you in the balls, don't you dare."

"You mean you are going to try the only self-defence move you know?" He mocked.

"Ugh! You are an asshole, let go!" To prove my point, I brought my knee up with all the force I could muster.

As usual, he was quick to avoid my hit and I found myself pressed against the wall instead.

His fingers dug into my hips, face hovering over mine. "Maybe I should teach you a few self-defence moves."

"Fuck off." I glared at him.