Sixteen: Tears

I was so freaking happy seeing all those comments on the last chapter, thank you so much 😭😭💖💖💖

Here's a double update since you all made me so happy, keep commenting!
_____________________

ARIEN

Hearing Zahria say that she did not matter made me uncomfortable in a foreign way.

She matters. Of course, she does. Everyone loves her and they should. She might share Horace's blood but she is nothing like him.

I watched her through the hidden camera placed in her room. She lay on the bed on her side, tracing random patterns on the bedsheet. She was bored and I contemplated giving her phone back.

Time ticked away faster than usual and she fell asleep. I turned off my laptop just as my phone rang.

Asael.

I thought of silencing the call but then that would only make him more suspicious.

I picked up the call, pressing the phone to my ear. "What?"

"Where is she?"

Does he know? I pretended not to understand what he meant. "Who?"

"Zahria. Where is she, Arien? Don't fucking lie to me anymore."

"Who's Zahria?"

He made an impatient sound. "You know who, don't act innocent. Where is she?"

"Verena's best friend?" I confirmed further to prove my innocence. "Why the fuck would I know where she is?"

"You do."

I rolled my eyes, leaning back against the chair. "I don't. You are getting old, brother, your brain's not working properly."

He sounded offended. "I am only thirty-five and have an IQ of 132."

"Hmm, sure."

"Don't change the subject. Now, tell me where is Zahria? What did you do to her?"

Nothing much yet. With the way she ogled at me the other day, it won't take me much time to have her moaning and gasping underneath me as I fucked her. Though, I won't be doing any of that.

My cock hardened beneath my jeans as if to say otherwise.

I cleared my throat. "I have not done anything to her, stop assuming things. Why would you even accuse me of that?"

"Because you were ready to hurt her that day, maybe you wanted your revenge later, hence, her disappearance."

"Disappearance? She has disappeared?"

"I have a feeling she has. Verena talked to her yesterday, she sounded okay but something was off, especially with all the messages from her. So, yes, I have a suspicion you have something to do with her. You better not have kidnapped her, Arien."

My cousin was intelligent. There was no denying that.

"Should Verena be aware of how concerned you are for her best friend?"

He growled lowly. "Don't dare to imply that. Verena loves her and if something happens to her, Verena will be devastated. I don't want that. Besides, Zahria was my student and a good one, I do care for her."

He cares for her. My jaw tightened at that.

Another person was added to the list of those who like her. How many other males are there on this list?