2. Plan

1.05.20

Connor's POV

"The plan goes as follows. We continue to act like we haven't even seen each other, but we continue to plan. The way that the treaty was signed, it still allowed for small groups to meet up. Miniscule cultures of all our kinds are still written down in books and slid into songs all over the world. All we need to do is somehow convince those books to become required school reading, and all of the rest will come together."

"Surely they wouldn't allow a supernatural written book into schools if they read it and it was all about conserving our cultures," Benji interjected, and I think my father wasn't able to correctly gage his true naivety. I don't know what world he's been living in for the past hundred years, but whatever he sees isn't the full scope. I don't think that he's able to grasp how unhappy people really are with the way that the world has turned out. Convincing them to fight won't be the hardest part; we have to ensure the survival of all citizens as well.

"They won't have any idea. To them, the languages that are individual to our societies won't mean a single thing. Also, we have insiders. Look at this book," he handed a copy to both of us, and I was soon able to see the connection. On the table of contents, a few words were scrambled around in the demon language to equal "look at the copyright". No human child would be able to interpret the language slight, but anyone of supernatural knowledge would. As secretive as we've been keeping it, all of the families were instructed to pass down the demon language all of those years ago. Many still know it today, and while it's illegal to use it out in public many secret codes and such are written in it. The language is what stores all of the information now because keeping it in English would end with knowledge being lost. It was imperative that all kids learn it because of that traditionality, and we would be able to get whatever the message on the copyright section was.

When I flipped over to that page, I saw the genius behind what they did. The encoded words were mixed in entirely at random, and hardly anyone ever looks at this page unless they see our message. The end result were words that basically equated to, "The day of war has come, evacuate your families."

"This is a good idea and all, but how do we know for sure that the message will get out on the right day?"

"The date is wrong on here as well. While the book was printed almost a month ago, the date of the copyright info is October 23rd, 2189. In case you haven't noticed it's September 22nd. The person that's infiltrating the Department of Education is making it so that the book is a required read for all students regardless of what grade they're in before the end of the first grading period. Assuming that everything goes to plan, that should mean that everyone will have been able to read it before the date of the first stand. Then again, even if they don't, we have to think about the greater good. Millions die each day, what more is a few hundred people who don't get the message."

"We should really get something that goes out to adults, then we know for sure they know how to read. Also not every person has kids," Benji called out, but I had the feeling that they had also planned for this. With all the wisdom of those on the council, it's impossible not to think that someone had accounted for everything. They wouldn't be rash or make fast decisions; from what my father says it has never been their way.

"That's exactly why we have a worldwide news interruption planned. We have a diversion that would trigger a breaking news slide to come up which would go over all of the other programs that are running. In the background we're going to have someone standing with a sign that says exactly what that book says. And for those who don't use TV, we have an amber alert we can send out where the kid's name is listed as "Svo opx" also known as run now. That would come up as a cell phone notification across the country since we're going to have it reported as getting lost in an airport, meaning that she could be anywhere. If you don't have a cell phone in this day and age then you've got more problems."

"You guys have thought this down to the wire."

"Yeah, we did. The death of many is something that we have to avoid."

"What about those across seas?"

"The war starts in the US. They should have probably figured out what was going down and risen up on their own turf by the time that the war effort reaches them. We're trying to take over the world, it won't be easy at all. We need all of the help we can get from those that are able and the only way to ignite that spark around the world is for them to see us win here. That way they know that it isn't a losing battle."

"Hey dad?"

"What is it? For God's sake if you ask an unintelligent question I will punt you into the sun."

"It isn't even a related question. How's papa?" I didn't ask because I thought that he was hurt because I know my father would be a lot more hurt if he was. I just wanted to know because the feeling of being out of the loop gives me a lot of anxiety. My parents rarely call me anymore to ask me how I'm doing, and I find myself missing the old camaraderie before the entire world fell apart.

"He's doing alright. I can basically feel him getting fidgety and bored without anything to do, but we're getting through it."

"Good, I'm glad."

"You should come visit sometime soon."

"Except that I couldn't. No one from the previous council is supposed to be seen in the same area. You guys live in one of those government facilities because of your want to rebel, so I would never be able to get in. To be honest, I'm surprised you didn't get followed here and dragged right back."

"Yeah... Right. All the more reason to fight, right? I want our family back together as soon as possible."

"I do as well." I smiled at him a small bit, and his words brought a thought into my mind. The world had grown so split apart that it's possible that rejoining everyone in harmony would be hard. The humans won't forget who we are again, and even though we would never suppress them as they did to us, we would never fully gain control. At some point, someone would say or do something that would cause another episode as this... It's the way of the world we know. True peace will never last because the psychology of every person on this planet is so powerhungy that someone will always try to corrupt their way to the top. War is imminent, and one day it will split us apart beyond repair... It's just a matter of when.