Therapy

Maya's pov
It's two days since Evelyn moved back in and we still haven't gotten her to talk, we try to include her in every conversation and decision, but she just shake or nod her head or shrug her shoulders. Luckily we managed to book an appointment with a new therapist today. We haven't told Evelyn yet, since we don't know what her reaction is going to be like.

We have just eaten breakfast and she is eating surprisingly good. She still gets scared whenever she doesn't manage to eat all off her food. I don't know why, but for some reason she thinks we're going to be mad at her. Carina and I sit her down on the couch and I can see her panic kicking in as soon as I say we need to talk to her. 
"You haven't done anything and we are not mad at you" I assure her.
"Carina and I thought it would be a good idea for you to start seeing a therapist" I tell her, I can see her thoughts spiraling and I just wish she'd talk to us and tell us what's bothering her.
"Can you tell us what's going on in that beautiful head of yours" Carina ask Evelyn moving a piece of hair out of her face. I see her trying to say something, but it just turns into sobs. I don't know if she's crying about the therapist appointment or out of frustration because she can't tell us what's wrong. Carina starts to comfort Evelyn while I go grab a pen and a piece of paper. I put it down next to her in case she wants to use it.
"Is it the therapist appointment you're scared about?" Carina asks trying to figure out what's making her upset. She shrugs, and continue to silently cry. I look at Carina and she looks just as lost as I am.
"Can you try and write down what's making you upset?" I ask. She shake her head no. I'm not going to push her, since she may not know herself what's making her upset. We sit there in comfortable silence until Evelyn fully calmed down.
We spent the rest of the morning cuddling on the couch and trying to see if we could get anything out of Evelyn, but to no luck. After that we had some lunch and then it was time for the appointment.

We're sitting in the waiting room, and I see Evelyn starting to bounce her leg, so I put my hand on her leg stroking it with my thumb hoping it will calm her down. To be honest I'm kinda nervous myself, what if I'm doing something wrong and all of this is my fault. I get pulled out of my thoughts when a woman dressed in a long flower dress calls Evelyn's name. We get up and walk into her office.

Evelyn's pov
We sit down on a couch in the room, Carina on one side and Maya on the other side. The woman sits down in a chair above us.
" I'm Camilla and I'm guessing you're Evelyn" Camilla says in a sweet voice. I nod not looking up at her.
"Do you want to tell me who you brought with you today" she asks, I feel all three of them staring at me waiting for me to answer and then staring at me see definitely not helping the knot in my stomach. Camilla eventually looks away from me and up at Maya and Carina. They both introduce themselves and tell them that they're my foster moms.  Camilla continue to ask Maya and Carina questions, one of them being why they brought me here. I think they already told Camilla about the kidnapping part, which I'm grateful for because I hate thinking about it, talking about it and hearing about it. Carina start telling her about James getting custody of me and that they don't know what happened while I was with him.and of course she told her about me not speaking.
" Evelyn is it okay if Maya and Carina wait outside while we talk" Camilla asks. I don't want them to leave, but what if they get mad at me for needing them. I nod, but everything in my body is telling me to jump into their arms and never let go. Maya and Carina leave and I'm left in the office with Camilla.
"You can let me know if you want them to come back at any point ok" she tells me.
"Carina told me that you aren't talking and I'm not going to force you to do so and I will not be mad at you, but I would like you to draw how you feel on the inside when you have to talk" she explains handing me a paper and some markers. I start drawing a person and the knot in my stomach I also try to draw how the words get stuck in my throat, but I don't know if she'll get it. I also draw James screaming at me. I'm not sure if he's the reason I can't get the words out, but sometimes I hear him scream the 'children will be seen not heard' rule. I show her I'm done with my drawing by putting the marker down.
"You are god at drawing" she says looking down at it.
"Is that person you" she asks pointing to the person with the knot in the stomach, I nod.
"Who is that" she asks pointing to the drawing of James. I pick up the marker again and write 'James' and an arrow pointing to the drawing of him.
"So that's the man you were living with, and is he yelling at you" . I nod again.
" I see you drew a knot in you stomach is he the reason the knot is there" Camilla asks looking up at me. This time I shrug, because I don't really know the reason.
"That's ok, the words here on the drawing looks like they are stuck in your throat is that how it feels like" she asks trying to understand my drawing right. I give her a little nod.
"Is James yelling something in particular" she asks after a little bit of silence. I start writing down the rule he had. She read what I wrote down, and I'm happy she didn't read it out loud.
"Is that rule the reason you don't want to talk" she asks, but again I don't know. So again I shrug.
" it's ok I know this has been a lot and I'm so proud of you for sharing all of this with me, the time is up now, but is it okay if I keep this drawing and we can use it in our next session" Camilla says. I nod letting her know that's it's okay for her to keep it.
"Should we go and find Maya and Carina" she says getting up, I follow her out. Maya and Carina get up and walk towards us when they see us coming out from her office.

Maya's pov
Camilla wanted to speak to one of us, so while Carina and Evelyn walked to the cari stayed back. Camilla and I went into her office, and sad down at her desk.
"So I can't tell you everything we talked about, but I got her to draw a drawing to see if she could explain how she is feeling and to try and find out why she isn't talking. And from what I saw this session James her biological father may have something to do with it, he had a rule 'children will be seen and not heard', so after seeing the drawing and that rule I think he got mad at her if she talk when he didn't want her to, but I think there's more behind it. It can be that she just want to feel like she is in control, after everything she has been through." Camilla explain and I sit there trying to take everything in.
"Is there anything we can do to help her?" I ask, I want to do what's best for her, it I really want her to start talking again.
"Try not to force her to do anything, but encourage her to talk and I also want her to see me regularly for a while if that is okay with you and your wife"
We agree that Evelyn will come back in 3 days and in the meantime Carina and I'll will try and encourage her to talk and see if we can try and get her to feel more comfortable.

We get home and Evelyn goes to her room while Carina and I sit down on the couch and I tell, her everything Camilla told me.
"Odio quell'uomo"
"I have no idea what you said, but I probably agree"
"Do you think we should talk to her and tell her that we know?" Carina asks
"Maybe we should let her tell us when she's ready, we don't know if she wants us to know yet" I think out loud.
We sit on the couch talking for a while before we realize it's time to make dinner. Carina starts making dinner while I go up to Evelyn's room to check on her. I walk in and see her sitting on the floor doing something on her phone.
"Hey can I sit" I ask standing in the doorway. She nod and I sit down on the floor next to her.
"Was the therapy session okay" I ask since I didn't get a chance to ask her about it because Camilla wanted to talk. She nod, but doesn't look up at me. I didn't want to push her any furter on that subject, so I didn't ask any other questions about her appointment.

"carina and I both have to go back to work tomorrow, so do you want to come to the station or the hospital?" I ask her, carina and I talked about it last night and decided that it was best for Evelyn to decide where she wanted to go. I see her thinking about if and then typing something on her phone. I was kinda hoping she would answer me verbally since it wasn't  a yes or no question.
'can't I just stay here' I read of the phone.
"I'm sorry sweetie, but Carina and I dont feel comfortable leaving you her alone for the whole day. plus we dont know if one of us or both get pulled into an emergency and needs to stay longer" I explain
"but you can decide whether you want to come with me to the station or carina to the hospital" I add
'can you decide'She writes on her phone before showing me.
"are you sure you dont want to decide" I ask her, and she gives me a nod.
"well Andy and Vic has been asking when they get to see you again, so if its okay with you, you can come with me to the station" I suggest and she nods again.