umbridge's punishments

~"oh yeah?"~

So, I'm Harry.

I'm guessing you already know that.

But I'm also guessing you have no idea how what's been going with my life on the past month.

I entered the Defense against the dark arts classroom, finding umbridge already seated at her desk.

The class was quiet as it entered the room; no one knew yet how strict Professor Umbridge was oughta be.

"Well, good afternoon!" She said.

A few people mumbled "good afternoon" in reply.

"Tut, tut" said the professor "that won't do, now, will it? Please reply 'good afternoon Professor Umbridge' one more time, Good afternoon class"

"Good afternoon Professor Umbridge" we answered.

"There, now, That wasn't too difficult was it? Wands away and quills out, please"

I look at Hermione, sitting across me, 'wands away'? I shoved my wand inside my bag as I pulled out quill, ink and a parchment.

"Has everybody got a copy of Defensive Magical Theory by Wilbert Slinkhard?" Said the woman.

No one replied, dull murmurs were heard throughout the class.

"I think I'll try again, so, Has everybody got a copy of Defensive Magical Theory by Wilbert Slinkhard?"

"Yes, professor Umbridge" I stubbornly mumbled along the rest of the class.

"Good," said Professor Umbridge. "I should like you to turn to page five and read chapter one, 'Basics for Beginners.' There will be no need to talk."

Ron was sitting on my left and as I looked at my right, hermione still with her copy closed and Katie reading the back with a clear frown and looking up now and then, staring at the professor.

Hermione was not following the professor's instructions? That was new.

"Did you want to ask something about the chapter, dear?" She asked Hermione as she saw her book still laying unopened.

"Not about the chapter, no" said Hermione "I've got a query about your course aims"

"Well, miss Granger, I think the course aims are perfectly clear if you read them through carefully" said Umbridge.

"Well, I don't, there's nothing written up about using defensive spells"

"Using defensive spells?" She repeated with the usual fake laugh that gets into my nerves "why, I can't imagine any situation arising in my classroom that would require you to use a defensive spell, Miss granger. You surely aren't expecting to be attacked during class?"

"We are not using magic?" Ron ejaculated loudly besides me. I just looked at the teacher in pure disbelief.

"Students raise their hands when they wish to speak in my class, Mr.—?"

"Weasley"

She turned her back on ron, she lingered her eyes on my for a moment and addressed Katie.

"The whole point of defense against the dark arts is to practice defensive spells"

"Miss Jones, isn't it?" She said, looking down at the parchment with the list of students present . After Katie slowly nodded, she continued "are you a ministry-trained educational expert, Miss Jones?"