CHAPTER :1 NEW JOURNEY

A NOTE FROM WRITER: There are 30 parts to this story and one part will be published in each day. This is my first attempt at writing the story, I hope you guys like it and please let me know about your opinion on the story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A girl is standing in a road waving to the truck, asking for the lift. The truck stopped. She was little scared but having no other option she had to ask for the lift.

Drive - Where do you want to go Madam?

Girl- Where will this truck go, bhaiya?

Driver- It will go to Delhi.

Girl- I also want to go to Delhi.

Driver found it suspicious as the buses always available in this route with the interval of 1 to 2 hour. But he didn't ask further.

Driver- Ok Madam, get in.

Girl's POV:

I don't know where to go whom to go and I don't have a single penny to buy a ticket also. I am leaving everything and everyone behind, well they don't bother either. I don't know how will I survive without money and top of that I didn't carry my certificates and most importantly how will I get a shelter and food until I get a job? Babaji you know naah, I am not doing anything wrong nor I am escaping from the situation but they don't want me anymore so I have to go.

She was scared. Every decision of her life has always taken by others, she didn't get any right on her own life ever. She was a caged Bird till now, the cage of stereotype, conservative thoughts, but now suddenly she needs to fly by her own. She has wings but doesn't know how to unfurl them, she has sky but doesn't know how to fly.

So, her NEW JOURNEY begins. But she has to find her path and destination as well. Well life is never ending journey with never ending destinations. When you think you are about to reach the destination a new journey with new destination would be placed in your way.

After reaching Delhi she went nearby gurudwara. She needs some peace from mental and also physical stress and also needs something to feed herself as she was starving for 2 days. She never asked help from her Babaji she always thanks him for whatever she has and for now she has a GOLD CHAIN along with 2 hands and legs and a mind.

She will have to sell the gold chain which she never removed from her neck. Well, emotions are not tied to material, they always reside in one's heart. But these materialistic things make us feel connected to them, who are not with us physically. The chain belongs to her mother. Her mother was embraced by the death 21 year ago, 6 days after her second birthday. The Chain had given to her on her naming ceremony by her mother, a small star shaped pendant is attached to the chain as her mother gave her name TARA ....

Tara has no memory with her mother neither she misses her like a child normally does because she has nothing to remember she knows her mother by her grandmother's stories she saw her mother by photos only. But the connection between a mother and a child would be always there. She feels her mother through this chain. She wore the chain her whole life, it was like a part of her body so decision of selling the chain was not easy for her.

She sold her chain and got ₹ 58000. She bought a mobile phone and a bag and some clothes. She then went to cyber cafe and opened and logged in her Gmail account one last time to download the copies of her 10th and 12th certificates and marksheets and her AADHAR Card, she always keeps soft copies of important documents and photos of her family and closed ones on her Gmail for emergency use and simply to save them. Well, the result of her final year of graduation was yet to come when she left for Delhi. she looked at folder she saved the photos in and her hands were itching to open the folder but she held herself back, it's not time to get weak.

She doesn't want to stay Delhi as there are many relatives live in Delhi. It's not like she wants to hide from them but she does not want to involve in their question-answer session or their game of allegations if by any chance she meets them, nor they hold that much value in her life, at least that's what she told to herself.

So, she decided to move Mumbai- north India to West India. Mumbai 'City of Dreams'.

She chose to travel by train. She was searching for accommodation and job in whole journey of almost 24 hr. She found few vacancies those doesn't demand of graduation certificates but accommodation in her budget not seems to be possible.

She reached Mumbai. Mumbai is completely new place for her she never came there before, she was little scared. She does not want to ask anything from anyone as she heard we should never trust the people of such a big city. So, she chose to use her phone to search everything. She booked cab and went few places, 1st 6 nights she stays in a Dharmshala shelter paying a very little amount for every day, she can't spend her all money in just hotel bills, well living there in not bad at all. She got 2 decent work place one is in a shop of an old couple and other in a bakery of a middle-aged woman and she decided to work in the bakery.

Bindu, a beautiful lady in her late 30's. She recently opened her baker, Dhruva Bakery, Bindu has named her bakery after the name of her son Dhruva. She needed 3-4 staff as it was not a large firm. After some basic introduction the lady ready to give her job. Tara finds Bindu a nice and warming person. So, she asked if she knows any place to stay. Bindu also finds Tara a nice person, she helped her to find a place to live in. Bindu actually gets Tara shifted with a girl, Vidha, who also works in her bakery, well she asked Vidha to let Tara stay with her for a time being till she finds a place for her and Vidha who was struggling with her monthly expenses also agreed to lessen the burden of rent and other household bills.

Tara's POV

Dadi always used to say if our intentions are good, we would definitely find a way. So weird naah, my own people disowned me but here strange people are helping me. Stop it. Why do I need to compare them and how do they be my own if they can't stand by my side in odd days?? I need to focus on present. So, I have ₹ 31000 only and this month I need to buy some............

She is not a person who cries for the past she has the best quality of adapting the situation and getting mould according to them. She always prefers to move with the flow, she has not a rigid personality. It's not that she forgot the past but she doesn't let those dreadful memories overpower her present, she wants a peaceful life either with her family or without her family.

Life is the best teacher for everyone and she was good student thus she is learning how to fly, she has started unfurling her wings slowly.

.......................................................................

Please do vote, comment and share the story.