CHAPTER-14 PLEASE CALM DOWN

The girls bid goodbye to their landlord and moved to their new place. This is a well-furnished 2 BHK flat. They were able to settle their belongings by 6 in the evening and ordered food as they didn't had anything since afternoon. Tara insisted Aalekh to stay there for dinner. All three did some chitchat, actually only Vidha was talking and other 2 were just listening and hmm-ing with smile in between. It was a tiring day, so Vidha went to her bedroom to sleep immediately after having dinner at 7 pm.

Aalekh was about to leave when Tara held his hand and made him sit on the sofa. Aalekh did not look at her the whole time. Tara folded her hands over her chest and stared at him to speak. What?, Aalekh asked after a minute. What what?, Tara asked him in the same tone. If you didn't want to say anything then why did you stop me?, Tara sighed and held his chin to make him look at her. You know the reason. I had already told you the reason for refusing to shift here, then why are you still angry on me? Was the reason given by me not correct?, Aalekh softly removed her hand from his face. I don't know Tara, I just don't want you to choose staying away from me. I really consider you and Vidha as my own people, I had never been this much close to anyone and I am scared. If you're planning to walk away from me, do it now, I won't be able to handle it later, Aalekh put his heart in front of her. Tara seemed a little hesitant initially but after seeing vulnerability in his eyes. She held his hands to assure him that she won't leave him, she won't let him be with no-one again. You took it wrong, I was just concerned about expenses and wanted to save me and Vidha from problems related to money. I and Vidha are by your side and always will be, You and Vidha are very close to my heart and will remain so. You are and will be always important for me. I will always be by your side whenever you want, even if we are far from each other, Aalekh frowned and tighten his hold on her hands. What do you mean by 'far from each other', are you planning to go away from us?, Aalekh said impatiently and stood up abruptly. Tara was startled by his loud voice. Though it was not loud enough to scare her but it was a bit loud. Please calm down, Tara begged as his breathing became uneven, she didn't know whether it could be due to anger or anxiety. Sit here and calm down, I didn't say that. I'm not going to leave you, okay, Aalekh looked at her like a lost child searching for his home. Promise?, Tara smiled and assure him, promise. He leaned to her stomach to calm his anxiety. As she was standing in front of him. Aalekh was a little apprehensive that he might start having anxiety attacks again, from which he had moved on with great difficulty. Aalekh needs something to comfort him whether it's medicine or human. Aalekh finds comfort in leaning on Tara to control his emotions. Tara rubbed his back to calm him down while saying some comforting words. Feeling better??, Tara asked after a while and he just hmm-ed in response.

Tara handed him a glass of water. Tara, I am sorry I didn't mean to scare you, Aalekh said after putting the empty glass on table. There is no need to apologize, Tara said in assurance. I've always wondered why you live in a 2 BHK flat instead of a big house, I mean a rich businessman like you lives in a simple small flat, doesn't it look a bit weird? Tara asked after a minute as she couldn't hide her curiosity. Actually, I bought my flat when I started getting a decent profit and then I bought these two adjacent apartments too to merge to create a bigger flat, but later, I didn't find it useful so I dropped the idea. The place is sufficient for one person and whenever I will settle down with my family, I will merge these flats but I will never leave this place, Aalekh looked at her with some kind of emotions and left the rest unsaid which Tara understood. This place is very important to him because he had bought this place during initial success of his business. He has spent many years in this place. This place has seen him rise from the depths to the heights.

It's been 5 months since the girls shifted to the new apartment. Vidha bought a 2-wheeler on EMI 2 month after they had shifted here, which she wanted to buy since long.