PART-16 BREATH PLEASE

Aalekh was getting flashes which he never wanted to remember. He was trying to hold himself but failed miserably. Years of loneliness and struggle can lead a person to depression and anxiety and one incident can trigger it for the worst, which is exactly what is happening with him. He was alone for years, struggling with life to make his name in business world but there was none who could support him emotionally. He could not share his tension, his pain, his success, his feelings with anyone in true manner, which sometimes suffocates him. The worst memories, which he had buried in his heart for a long time, he was not ready to face and this triggered his panic attacks.

Tara looked at her mobile screen and it was showing 4:07am. She thought once to check on Aalekh before going to bed as he was not well. She was about to ring the bell when she found the door was slightly open. The whole apartment is completely dark and silent well first she thought he might sleep but then she thought to check on Aalekh once before heading to her apartment without disturbing his sleep. She flashes her phone's light to get the switch board and opened the light of dining hall and moved to his room. She heard muffle voice and immediately ran to the source of voice. She directly entered his room as the door was wide open and could see a figure sitting on floor. She opened lights and got frozen for a second by seeing his condition but soon gathered herself and ran to him.

Aalekh was shivering and sweating. He was literally struggling to breath; he was gasping for each single breath, while rubbing and patting his chest to get rid of that congestion. Tara sat on ground trying to hold him, initially he was trying to push her away but then 'Aalekh please' her faint voice reached to his numb ears and he let her hold him. He was murmuring something in coherent words which was not clearly audible for Tara. Aalekh what is happening, please, please breath, he heard her faint voice, as if she was far away from him but he felt her hold on himself. Please breath, she said pulling the corner of her scarf and cleaned his saliva from his lips and chin. He was sweating profusely but his body was cold. She replaced his hand on his chest and started rubbing his back and chest to make him calm she could feel his pounding heart; he held her wrist tightly over his chest and his hold was getting tighter and tighter by each passing second, he let loose his whole upper body on her, she balanced herself anyhow. She felt uneven frequent movements of his lips on her shoulder, her shirt was getting wet by his thick saliva. Aalekh, please relax, please breath pleaseee, Tara said almost panicked. Tara tried to detach herself for seeking help but he didn't let her. She tried to reach her phone which she threw on bed to help him but she couldn't. Aalekh, please let me ask for the help, I don't know what to do, please, Tara pleaded in helplessness but he didn't budge. Tara cried and held him so tightly and kept rubbing his back while saying sweet things to make him calm. Breath please. It will pass, just breath please, she said.

After a while she felt his breathing was getting normal, his grip on her wrist was getting loose, he didn't leave her wrist though. Tara took a sigh of relief. Aalekh, she tried to detach herself. No, Aalekh said shrieking against her shoulder. Shhh, Relax, I am not going anywhere, okay, Tara held him tightly. Please try to get up, she was trying to take him to the bed but he was way too heavy for her, she needed him to help himself. He was hearing her faint voice and tried to compile her words but he was not in his complete senses to do anything by his own. She felt him leaning completely on her. Tara, she heard his heavy voice and then he got unconscious. She couldn't bear his whole weight thus both of them fell down.

Aalekh, what is happening, please open your eyes, she pleaded while patting his cheeks. She tried to take him to bed but he was way too heavy for her. She was scared and immediately called Joy for help as she can't take him to hospital by her own.

Within few minutes Joy and Shelvi were at Aalekh's apartment. What happened Tara?, Joy asked as soon she opened door for them, door wasn't lock though, it was just closed. Joy Aalekh, he got unconscious,... we need to take him hospital, Tara said while they were walking fast to Aalekh's bedroom. Rose Aunty lives in the adjacent building, she is doctor let her see him first, I am calling her, Shelvi immediately dialled her no.