CHAPTER-4 DIFFERENT SHADE

What the...., a well-dressed man barked on Vidha, who accidentally collided with him. I am sorry, she apologized. Oh, it's okay, he placed his hand on her shoulder and gazing at her with lustful eyes. His awkward gaze made her uncomfortable. May I know the name of this beautiful lady, he said holding her palm making her uncomfortable the way he was caressing her palm and she tried to pull out her palm but he tightened his hold. It seems you are happened to be here with a coincidence, he said with a disgusting smirk, assessing her standard by her cloths and the little ornaments she was wearing on, she was still trying to pull out her hand without getting notice by others. I have an offer for you, one night and amount as much as you want, her eyes teared up as she felt humiliated. No, leave my hand please, her broken voice encouraged him. It's the habit of hollow people to suppress the one who they think is afraid or weaker than them.

Back off, his grip loosened by Tara's sudden harsh voice and Vidha freed her hand. Tara, Vidha said in a low voice and tears fell from her eyes, which she immediately wiped off. You wouldn't be talking to me in this tone if you knew who I am, Tara rolled her eyes on his casual tone. And I am not willing to know who you are, his expressions changed by Tara's words as he felt insulted. I know very well, how low-class girls like you must have got a chance to attend this high-class people party, he said low but furious voice. I don't find it's necessary to tell you. She already turned down your offer so it's better for you to back off, Tara's calm yet stern voice increased his rage. What will you do if I don't?, he said. I don't think you would like to see the headline in tomorrow's newspaper that a low-class girl slapped a high-class businessman in front of many people, Tara said calmly. He glared at her harshly and left from there, as he saw few pairs of eyes on them.

Aalekh was amazed to see this shade of Tara; he didn't expect this polite and introvert lady can be fierce and firm at the times. Chandni, Aalekh's PA telling him about arrival of some of his important client when the inconvenience on Vidha's face in the presence of Mr. Vineet Auja caught his attention. He hurriedly moved towards them but refrained himself to react as he saw Tara. He wanted to see what Tara would do in such situation and he also wants to let her fight by her own but he didn't leave the girls alone. Sir now you should intervene, Aalekh's PA Chandini said when Vineet spoke shit about them. No, let her handle him, although Chandni was not pleased by his response but she kept mum as she doesn't want to go against her boss' words.

Vidha, Vidha faked a smile before turning to Aalekh. Bhaiya, we were looking for you, Aalekh raised his eyebrows giving a sign to talk further. We are leaving now, she said. Okay, he agreed, he knew the girls needed space now. My driver will drop you, he said further. No, No, its not needed, it's only 8 o'clock, we will reach before 9:30, Tara said politely. Don't worry, we will call you as soon as we enter our apartment, Tara said before he could say anything. Okay, let me know your no., Aalekh asked for Tara's phone no.. Tara once again congratulated him before leaving.

Thank you, Vidha said as Tara hands her a cup of coffee and a bowl of Maggie. Hmm, don't get scared if someone tries to misbehave with you, Tara knew, in what context she thanked Tara. Sorry, for me you....., Vidha's words were died in her mouth as Tara pushed a spoonful Maggie in her mouth. Common dude, these sad talks don't suit you, Tara said as same funky tone as Vidha uses with her.

Tara was peacefully gazing at the stars when her ringing mobile caught her attention. Tara was in love with the stars since always, she finds peace in the starry sky of night. It's her habit to spend some alone time in the shade of stars every night.

She frowned upon seeing an unknown number flashing on her phone screen. Hello, she picked up the call anyway. Hey, Aalekh here, Tara wondered why is he calling so late. O...oh Hii, Tara fumbled. Aalekh smiled at her nervousness, the girl, who firmly handled that arrogant creep in the party, is getting nervous on a phone call. Have I disturbed your sleep?, Aalekh gently asked. No, no, I haven't slept yet, Tara said. Umm Vidha is fine naah?, Tara took few seconds to understand the reason behind his question. She was a little upset but now she is sleeping, Tara wondered why he kept silent even on the insult of the girl whom he calls sister. You must be thinking why I was silent at that time, Aalekh recognised the displease in her voice. Aalekh is not someone who believes in justifying his actions but now he just wanted her not to assume anything wrong about him.

Tara didn't answer so taking a cue he explained further, I was about to make Vineet shut, but before that I heard your voice so I wanted to see how would you handle him and also I firmly believe that women are stronger than men and don't need anyone to fight for them. If this type of incidents happens again, I will do the same until it is necessary to intervene by my side and I am glad you didn't look at any man's side to help you out. I wish Vidha had shown that brat his place herself, Tara was amazed by his words.

I am sorry, I misunderstood you even without trying to know your intent, Tara said apologetically. Aah, it's fine, he said. Flirting, commenting, proposals are the things she had faced till now but it's the first time when someone made her feel like ummm you know what I mean...., she couldn't use the word for her. And there were people who already were staring at us with disgust as we don't meet their class. These all together took toll on her, Tara and Vidha are staying together almost all the time since a year and Vidha is kind of an open book, she has told Tara almost everything about her life. Tara understands her very well. Aalekh is smart enough to understand many things between in lines. He understood Tara had faced something like this or more than this before too but didn't ask further.

Hmm alright, but I didn't know a silent kitten could turn into lioness, he said to lighten the situation. You don't know which animals I can turn into at times, she said in flow but within a second regretted knowing what else it could mean. Well, I will be honoured if I get a chance to see, he added further making her more embarrassed. Umm, I mean cat...dog...lion..., she fumbled, couldn't form a sentence. Aalekh restrained his laughter to not to make this more awkward for her. Calm down girl, Aalekh said suppressing his laugh. I mean I can act according to situation, she took a deep breath before making a complete sentence. Okay, as you say, he is liking to tease her. Umm, I am sleepy now, bye good night, she said hurriedly before disconnecting the call. Aalekh had a constant smile on his face while he fell into deep sleep.

......................................................................

Please do vote, comment and share the story.