CHAPTER-6 IF YOU ACCEPT THE PROPOSAL?

Tara entered the bakery with a sad smile. She had already anticipated that it is her last day in the Dhurva Bakery. Soha, Akshay and Vidha were anxiously waiting to know Bindu's decision. They all are in kitchen around Tara.

Tara Di don't worry. Bindu ma'am won't get you out of bakery, after Shagun aunty you are the one who has been handling almost 3/4th baking stuff of bakery, Akshay tried to put logic. Whatever bakery items Tara bakes, she had learnt almost all from Sagun. Yes Di, how will she be able to find anyone for your place at this soon, Soha joined Akshay. and she always helps us so she will help this time too, Soha said further. If she fires you, I will also leave the job, Vidha said sadly making Tara sigh. And then both of us will have to leave the house too, Vidha looked at her with confusion. Without salary, without money, how will we pay the rent, then we will be thrown out of the house naah, Tara cleared her confusion.

Tara I am really sorry but we cannot go through any court case, if there is any other problem, I would have definitely tried to help you, Bindu said apologetically. No, No, you don't need to say sorry, I can understand. You have already helped me many times, Tara said with a small smile as she was already prepared for this, but it still hurts her. She didn't work here only as an employee; she worked here as her own and also here she made her first and only friends from Mumbai. She has so attached to them that now she finds it difficult to move away from them, she will remain in touch with them though. But what she likes the most is meeting them every day, watching their cute fights every day, watching them pulling each other's legs every day.

They spent some time together before Tara said goodbye to the bakery. Soha cried like a baby, Akshay was emotional too. But Vidha was unexpectedly quiet, Tara knew she was just blaming herself, thus Tara just hugged her.

Tara was at home, sipping her tea, when her phone rang. She frowned on an unknown no. Hello, she received the call. So, how does it feel to be jobless?, the devilish voice came from other side. It feels the need to find a new job, but how does it feel to let the other person know your name before talking further?, Tara said with same tone. Full of airs though vanquished, you must have heard this, the taunt from other side cleared the identity of the other person. Pure gold doesn't fear the flame, you must have heard this, Tara gave it back to Mr. Vineet Ahuja in his language. Well, I would like to see how long this gold will stand fearless against my flame, he said in an evil tone. And I would also like to see how long this flame will able to keep burning, Tara mocked him as well. Oh come on, let's end this mocking game and come straight to the point. I will stop all this and will provide you a good job if you accept the proposal which I put to your friend, it was speaking the ego of Vineet which was hurt by this girl so he wanted to bow her down in his feet. Oh, thanks for the proposal, Mr. Ahuja, but I do not have even the slightest interest in your proposal. Why don't you find any sex worker girl for your proposal. it will be beneficial for both of you, your lust will be fulfilled and the girl will get some money as well, Tara's words were like a sword to Vineet which was constantly slitting his ego deeply. I will make your life so miserable that you yourself come to me and rub your nose on my feet, he said in loud voice. Okay, let's see. Till then keep on trying, Tara's calm voice made him more mad.

Tara was scared. Any person who isn't capable enough financially, who doesn't have a family in the background to hold her/him in the weak phase, will be scared. But she knows if she shows him her vulnerable side in any way, he wouldn't take a second to use it to destroy her only asset which is her self-respect.