CHAPTER-27 IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT

Aalekh and Tara were lying quietly, holding each other. There is still a lot to come and they need little time to handle this emotional ride again. Let's make something good, Aalekh said making her laugh a little as it's her way to dealing with the bad mood. 

After they had their dinner, they sat in the balcony, simply gazing at the stars in complete silence. Aalekh was patiently waiting for her to tell her story further, although sitting on the floor for too long made him uncomfortable.

Tauji used to work in Karan's grandfather's firm, he came with his grandson's marriage proposal for me, Tara said after a long silence, looking at the stars and his eyes turned to her. They gladly accepted it and after my 12th exam they did Roka. Karan's grandfather, mother came for the rituals. His father died due to cardiac arrest when Karan was just 13. His mother showered me with lots of gifts and love, I became so happy and greedy to finally getting a family's love. Karan asked me if I wanted to study further and my 17 Years old young and innocent self just reached on cloud 9, I thought he is asking my choices. He asked me to move in Delhi to get coaching for CLAT (The Common Law Admission Test) exam as he wanted me to become a lawyer, he had so much respect for his sister for being a reputed lawyer, she said and turned towards him sensing his movement. She immediately stood up, making him confused but then extended her hand and he immediately grabbed her hand and stood up. They moved to her room and settled on the bed. She placed his head on his chest and started drawing pattern on his chest.

His grandfather was strictly against to the idea of me being alone in city, and nor did he want his grandson to live with his fiancé before marriage but Karan managed to convince him and surprisingly his grandfather convinced my Tauji as well. So, it was decided that I was going to get coaching in Delhi. I felt I am the luckiest girl in this world, my would-be husband is even ready to be staying away from his home for my bright future. After few months when I completed my 18th year of life, they got us married and his grandfather even bought us a flat in the city. Karan had joined a corporate job there. Karan said I only need to focus on my studies for the time being. Everything was like some romantic movie where hero waits for his girl to succeed in her carrier. Well, I studied hard and got 7th rank in the exam, Tara told him about her qualifying CLAT exam with little glint of proud in her voice and he smiled at that 18 years old Tara and kissed her head, telling her that he is proud of her. His way of expressing his gratitude or praising to Tara has always been through physical comfort.

Karan one day brought his best friend Vaibhav Bhaiya home I heard him talking with him on phone few times before, Tara said sitting on opposite side of him so that both could see each other's faces and held his right hand with both her hands. 

He was so nice and funny, we got along well and he used to treat me like a little kid. More than Karan, he was close to me and used to take care of me. With each passing year our bond was growing stronger, he was the 1st person with whom I could do whatever I wanted, demanding his time, asking him to take me out for shopping, movies, or park, everything and he actually used to fulfil my every demand, Tara told him in a little excited tone and a pang of jealousy arose in his heart, she doesn't do this with him. His hold on her hand tightened instinctively and she smiled, caressing the back of his palm with her thumb.

One day I came early from college, one of our professors was on leave. I opened the door with my keys but what I saw was definitely something I had never expected.... Karan was kissing someone so intensely that he didn't even realize that I had entered the house, Tara told him. 

What.... That shit cheated on you with another woman, Aalekh said immediately sitting up straight making Tara laugh a little and his frown deepened.