CHAPTER-22 FAMILY PICTURE

Tara was staring at the envelope, the same envelope she has in her handbag since a week but she couldn't gain the courage to open this. Since that night of their little intimacy Tara knew that she will have to tell Aalekh about her past as well, they can't just move on with this relationship without knowing each other completely. The day she got to know he was going to propose her she knew she cannot avoid her past anymore. 

The very next day she logged in to her previous Gmail Account and downloaded a folder and got all the photos but didn't look at the photos even once. She has her own fears and she just needs some more time. Well, that's what she kept telling herself but in reality, she was just running away from her truth and she was scared what if he too pushes her away. And her emotional turmoil also affected her and Aalekh's relationship. With great effort she mustered some little courage to tell him about her past but as soon as she started telling him, even that little courage goes in vain.

Tara asked Aalekh to come to her apartment at night as Vidha has gone to out of city to attend her friend's marriage. Tara was determined today to tell him all about her past and she actually didn't want Vidha to see if something goes wrong between Aalekh and her after revelation of her past.

About Vidha, she felt some burden moved away from her heart after she attended the get-together party in orphanage. She met Zain and when initially she was so awkward in front of him but then he was talking like she was an old friend and was asking her about her well being and about her life. She didn't ask him anything just kept answering him. He himself started telling her about his life, freinds and the adventures trips he went with his friends in vacations. As he kept talking excitedly she realised he always wanted this life, he was not who pushed her away but it was her who had pushed him away because she was hurt as she was not anymore the only one in his life. Whenever they talked she couldn't hear about his happy time with other friends, so she unintentionally made their conversation more and more awkward and eventually they couldn't talk their heart anymore. He was still the same it's her who changed them. As she accepted the fact she felt her heart is not as heavy as before. She still has her resentment towards him but not as dense as it was before. She still got hurt, how he could be so happy without her, with others and here she was always kept missing him for years. Vidha has gone Nagpur for her friend's marriage, she went 3 days before the actual ceremony. When Tara asked the same, she said, my friend wants to spend some time with me before her marriage. She had tried hard to put aside the hurt and anxiety, but she couldn't bring herself to do so, she wanted some change.

Other side Aalekh felt pathetic seeing Tara's hesitation and awkward behaviour after their little trekking adventure as he felt that she is hesitant to remain his friend after knowing that he was going to propose her. She could simply say that she doesn't want to go ahead with any romantic relationship with him and he would accept her rejection. He himself has started keeping himself away from the girls nowadays, he reduces his visits to their apartment. He had decided to propose her but after seeing her weird behaviour he subsided the idea. And to add to his frustration he embroiled in the legal complications over a land he had bought recently. 

He was with his lawyer, Mrs. Kanika Tiwari. Since last 2 years she was working with him and he admires her for being good at her work. He got a call from Tara and he rubbed his face in frustration as he didn't want to hear her distant voice but then Tara rarely calls him during his office hours so it must be something important. Give me a minute please, he said to Kanika and walked towards the window of his cabin, a little away from his seat.

Yes, Tara, he received the call. Hii, where are you?, she asked directly. I am at work, he replied with a frown. Come to my place as soon as you come home, please, she pleaded. Is everything alright?, he asked in worry. Yeah, everything is okay. Umm.... I want to talk to you about something, she said hesitantly and there, the hesitancy in her voice made him sigh in irritation. Okay, I'll be there in an hour or so, he said and ended the call before moving to his seat again. 

Okay then, now I would take your leave, Kanika said picking some files from the table after their discussion. Sure, he said and she left his cabin. After few minutes Aalekh also headed out of his cabin. He saw Kanika in main road looking for taxi, he stopped his car and asked her to get in he will drop her to her place as it was in his way and she accepted. Oh, thank you, my car deceived me today morning and my phone is dead, I couldn't even book a cab, she said in relief. It happens sometimes, he said.

Oh common Aalekh, a cup of coffee doesn't take much time, she insisted when he politely refused her offer to have a cup of coffee in her house. Aah, fine, he said and she smiled.

Maa, she smiled at her mother as she opened the door. Aalekh, this is my Maa and Maa, this is Aalekh, you remember I told you about him, Kanika introduced the two. Namste Ma'am, Aalekh folded his hand and she just nodded with a smile and moved in and they followed her. Aalekh actually my mother can't speak anymore, she said seeing her mother going in the direction of their in-house Mandir, her mother spends lot of time there. Anymore?, he asked. Yeah, have a seat please, she said pointing towards sofa. Her house-help brought water for them and she asked her to made 2 cups of coffee.

Many things happened in a row, my brother died in an accident two and half years ago and in less than a month his wife also ran away. My grandfather couldn't take this and he died due to heart attack on the same day, she ran away. After my brother's Tervin we also went back to Melbourne and my mother was all alone when these things happened. She lost her ability to speak due to these one after one trauma, she explained. Oh, she has gone through a lot, he said and she nodded. Well, she is doing better now, at least she started to smile again, she said with a sad smile. That's good, he said.

Where is Vaanya?, he asked not founding Kanika's daughter in home, he heard her name from Kanika several times but never got a chance to meet her. Aah, Jeevan and she have gone to his parents' place. Her grandparents were missing her so much so as soon she got her vacation from her school her father took her to his parents, you know, perk of being a businessman, she said with annoying tone as she couldn't go with them because of her work. He laughed but then his laugh suddenly died as his eyes fell on the family picture hanging on the wall, and a familiar face other than these 2 ladies grabbed his attention. He moved to the picture to get a close view and Kanika got confused by his actions.

This girl?, he asked. Oh, that's Tara, my brother's wife. Well, I really hate this.... I hate every picture she is in, but my mother hanged this here and didn't let me remove it so I let it be, she said with so much hate. He shivered a little and took few steps back. I have to go, he said and left instantly without looking back. Aalekh..., Aalekh, what happened?, is everything okay?, she asked but he didn't turn back and kept walking.

She kept standing there all confused with the sudden change in his behaviour. Didi coffee, her house-help's voice caught her attention. Oh, has sir left already?, the house-help asked. Yes, he suddenly started behaving weirdly after seeing this picture, she pointed towards picture and then, it clicked her mind it was not the picture, it was Tara in the picture which make him act in that way. Shit, she couldn't hold herself from running behind him to know about Tara, the girl ruined her whole family, she can't let her go this easily, she can't let her runaway again.

She ran to parking area but saw his car moving away, she screamed his name but he didn't hear. She ran to back again to next door of her flat and asked her neighbour to let her borrow his car for a while and ran back to parking area as soon as she got the keys. She followed his car actually she wanted to stop him but he was driving very fast. She reached his building but he was already got, she had came her few times to meet him so guard didn't stop her. When she reached his flat it was locked but the next flat's door was wide open which she knew is also his. She hesitated for a minute but then she decided to move in. She could hear their talk as she moved near to the door, Aalekh doesn't give Tara time to close the door.

Aalekh, you came, I was waiting for you, Tara said as she opened door for him. What happened?, she asked taking a step towards him as she saw him seething in ager, she never saw him like this before. Why? Why?, he asked in low but dangerous tone.

......................................................................

Please do vote,comment and share the story.