CHAPTER-18 HIS LIFE

Aalekh was very disturbed all day because he didn't talk to Tara about the words he said last night. Why Tara did not say anything to me. She acted so normal like she didn't hear anything. What is going on in her mind. Do my things not bother her or she doesn't want to be with me or she pretended to be fine and wants to stay away from me, many questions were playing in his mind. The anxiety wasn't helping him. He just wanted to be around people so his mind could be distracted from these wild thoughts. So he held an impromptu meeting with his employees to discuss how to better serve their clients.

Tara on the other hand was no less than Aalekh, her mind was playing his words again and again. What would have happened to the Aalekh, what's that word 'kill' about, did he kill anyone, no, he couldn't, He said 'I didn't kill them' how many persons are involved in this, Aalekh always helps others, he has a very giving nature, how can he snatch someone's life, there are many questions that were running marathon in Tara's mind. She hasn't talked to Aalekh yet because she was just scared and Aalekh was also not in the right state of mind so she wanted some space for both of them so that they could talk with sane mind.

Aalekh decides to talk with Tara and tell her about all these things of his past because he can't handle this cliffhanger state anymore. He calls her to inform that he will pick her up from the bakery.

There was a tense silence in the car. Aalekh was driving silently and kept glancing at Tara from time to time and Tara was sitting with her eyes closed and her head against the window. She remembered a beautiful memory of the man sitting next to him. Aalekh sometimes picked her from the bakery as the bakery is on the way to his place of work. That day also Aalekh came to pick her up. Aalekh was waiting for Tara outside the bakery when he noticed children playing with small sticks by the side of the road. They had been trying for a long time to make a small house out of those small sticks but was unable to do so. Seeing their fallen face Aalekh went and helped them to make the house. Tara saw them and unknowingly folded her hands to pray for his happiness. He can't hurt anyone intentionally, she mumbled. Did you say something?, Aalekh asked as he could not hear her exact words but found her mumbling something. N...no, Tara fumbled.

Aalekh took Tara to his flat, Tara didn't question him as she had an idea of ​​what was about to come. He made her sit on the bed and he took off his blazer and put it on its place. He got down on his knees in front of her and put his head on her lap and wrapped his arms around her waist. Tara was confused by his behaviour. Tara, I don't want to lose you ever, Tara felt a wave of shiver ran through her body by his raw confession, whatever he is going to say would not be good but she shrugged her negative thoughts and softly caressed his hairs to assure him. Then he got up and sat down beside her.

He folded sleeve of his left hand and showed her a black thread which was tied around his wrist. Apart from the clothes on my skin, this was the only thing I had with me on my neck when they dropped me on the steps of the temple. Somebody called police and then I got a shelter in 'Ashray', that's all I have been told about my existence. I was just 3 years old and they didn't think twice before leaving me there in the dark of night, he was saying all this while staring at the wall in front of him. Some of us get adopted and others keep waiting for someone to accept us as their child one day. Everyday I used to wake up with the hope that today I'll also get my parents but that day never came. I kept complaining and I was told that if I got good marks in studies and remained a good child, I'll also get parents. I believed and studied hard and became a very studious child. I still hadn't gotten parents but in all this I got scholarship to one of the best schools in Bombay. They were engrossed in his story but suddenly the ringing of her phone disturbed them.