Nothing Is Stopping You

Teyana.

I giggled with Keenan, looking at King bobbing his head to the song If I Ruled The World by Nas that Keenan was blasting.

"Yo, you like this song?" Keenan caught King's attention. King smiled shyly and nodded his head.

I laughed a little. We're coming from church and heading to Compton, to one of Keenan's friend's barbecues.

I'm glad it's nice outside its been raining since forever, it seem like.
He parked on the side of the road behind a line of cars.

There were a group of guys in the front yard of one house and it was obvious that that's the house we are going to.

As we approached the house I heard music and smelled food.

"Wassup YG." The guy that I don't know dapped up Keenan. "What's good homie?" Keenan turns to me.
"This my girl, Teyana." Keenan introduces.

"Hey pretty." The guy says. "Hi." I smile.

We walk into the backyard. It was crowded. Thankfully there were plenty of kids cause I didn't want King to be the only child here.

Keenan eventually abandoned us and started hanging out with his friends and drinking and whatnot.

"Baby you hungry?" I ask King who is sitting on my lap.

He nods. "Me too. C'mon." I grabbed his hand and walk inside the house.

"You want a hot dog or hamburger?"

"Hot dog."

"You want some of this?" I point to the seafood salad. He sticks his tongue out and shakes his head. "You want bake beans?" He nods. We eventually had our plates. We walked back outside and sat down on the bench.

I stood up and threw my empty plate away. I walked to Keenan and grabbed his arm moving him away from the group.

"Fuck is you doin'" he pulls away. I roll my eyes. "Where's the keys?"

"Why?" He glares at me.

"Give me the fucking keys Keenan."

He digs in his pocket and shoves them key in my hand before grabbing onto my arm and pulling my towards the fence.

"Get your hands off me." He lets go. "Yo what's your problem?!"

"You! Your over here getting drunk and hanging with your friends, if I would've known that we was gonna come here and fucking abandon us then you could've left us home."

"Ain't nobody abandon you, fuck is you talking about?"

I shook my head and grabbed King's hand and took him to the car. I pulled out of the parking spot the car was in and drive away.

(In the store)

I picked up the bottle of Excedrin and but in the cart. My phone had started ringing. I sighed seeing it was Keenan but still answered.

"Teyana where my car at?"

"In the Walmart parking lot."

"Yo what is you getting smart for?"

"Nobody is getting smart with you! What the fuck did you call me for!?"

"What are you pissed for?"

"I already told you!"

"Yo you got fucking issues, you always fucking pissed you. I ain't do shit to you!"