Hate Sleeping Alone

Teyana.

"Kia is pregnant, girl stop lying!" I exclaim.

"I'm serious." Kamiya laughs as our sexy waiter comes back.

"Do you ladies need boxes?"

"Yes we do." Kamiya answers as I stare at his biceps.

I felt a kick underneath the table and I looked back at his face. The waiter came back with a box.

"Are you ready for check?"

"Yeah."

"Are you paying separately?"

"Umm no it's on me."

"Teyana I can't let you do that."

"Yes you can."

"Fine."

The waiter hands me the check. I pay the bill. When he brings me back the check the receipt has a number on it.

"Umm...what."

"She means bye and thank you."

*

Keenon.

I don't usually do this but this house is a mess so I didn't mind vacuuming the floor real quick. I picked up a folded piece of paper off the floor. I looked at the receipt with a number on it and the name...Jordan.

I turned off the vacuum and rushed upstairs to Teyana who is lying on the bed patting my daughters back.

"Teyana." I start.

"What?"

"What is this?" I make the receipt visible.

"A receipt." She plays innocent.

"Why is there a number on it from a nigga called Jordan?!"

"Because the waiter gave me his number." She nonchalantly answers. "Its not that serious."

"Fuck you mean it is not that serious why are niggas giving you their number?!'

"First of all Keenon it only happened once so you can stop saying niggas in plural, and it is not that serious you're acting I'm actually gonna use the number."

"If you're not going to use it then why did you keep it?!"

"Because I have more important shit to do than to worry about some dumb ass number but shit knowing how you are I should've made it my first priority to dispose the damn paper."

"What you mean knowing how I am?!"

She ignores me and looks at the baby.

"Look at me when I am talking to you!"

"Keenon shut your ass up before you wake my daughter up."

I suck my teeth and mumble, "You shut the fuck up bitch."

I know she hears it by her facial expression as she looks anywhere but at me. I look at her one last time before slamming the door.