Dark Times

"In my dark times I'll be going back to the street. Promising everything I do not mean. In my dark time, baby this is all I could be"
YG.
{January Wednesday the  13th}
I unlocked the door with the hand that is not carrying a cardboard box full of things that were in my office. I tried to rush upstairs without Teyana seeing me but unfortunately for me she was waiting for me at the door.

"What are you wearing shades for in January, Keenon?" She ask trying to slide them off but I turn my head without saying anything. "What do you have all of that stuff for?" She asks more questions.

"Leave me alone Teyana." I said and walked upstairs.

She walked back into the kitchen to finish cooking, I guess. I walked into the bathroom inside my bedroom and removed my shades.

I stared at the black eye in the mirror. I shook my head, pissed is what I am. Why? Because the nigga was talking to the Chyna crazy, like he don't got no fucking sense. Chyna is the girl who works the front desk all day.

I wasn't expecting to have to fight the dude but he hit me first as then after our fight Jeffery fired me.

I don't even know why I confronted him because Chyna was sitting there smirking the whole time we were fighting. Little bitch. Fuck her.

Teyana knocked on the bathroom door although it's open.

"Dinners done." She says looking down at the ground, I'm kind if glad she did cause I don't want her to see me like this. I never lost a fight but this was my weak point. I was embarrassed and hurting but I ain't quit, nah never that.

"That's the last straw." I remember Jeffery saying. "You gonna fire me! I'm your best nigga in here." I fought but it was no use and I ended up mumbling "Fuck y'all, all of y'all" and left.

"Bring it up here." I ordered.

She didn't say anything but walked downstairs. When she came back upstairs she had a plate in her hand and a red plastic cup in other.

"What happened to your eye Keenon?"
She asked handing the plate to me.

"I got in a fight at work."

"Why?"

"I was trying to defend somebody."

"Who?"

"Chyna."

"Who?"

"The bitch who works the front desk everyday."

"What do you need to protect her for?"

"The nigga was being disrespectful."

"And it's your duty to protect her?"

"I mean, I was just the one to witness it."

She shook her head in shamefulness. "So you lost your job over that?"

"Yeah."

"You have to be smarter Keenon. How are we supposed to pay bills?"

"Go back to work until I get a job."