Recoginze

Keenon.

"Why is that nigga giving you money!?" I yelled.

"I already told you!" Teyana shouts back.

"What the fuck did you do for him?" I found this envelope on the dresser full of money, thousands of dollars so I'm like what the fuck and all along the light skinned nigga gave Teyana money to go to school, yeah right.

"I ain't do shit for him Keenon."

"You lying!"

"How the fuck are you going to tell me that I am lying? What is there to even lie about?!"

"Just tell me what the fuck you did for him man, you don't gotta lie, what you do fuck him? He get you pregnant again? Is this pre-child-support money?"

Teyana looked pissed that I would even say something like that but why the fuck else what he give her this amount I money...randomly?

"Yeah Keenon, we had sex."

My eyes got wide, by her saying that I thought I would feel as if I conquered her but I feel defeated.

"You fucking kidding me bitch!"

She poked the inside of her cheek with her tongue. "Is that what you wanted to hear Keenon? That I cheated Keenon, is this the reaction that you were hoping for? I ain't gonna cheat on you Keenon, I am not like you. When I am in a relationship I am committed, why the fuck are you so insecure?"

I shook my head. "Look at me yo." She refused. "C'mere." I say. She moved away as I attempted to touched her. I sat on the bed and grabbed her arm.
"I said come here little girl."

"I don't want your kisses." She lies.

"Who said I was gonna kiss you fam?"
I chuckled.

She looked at me. "Apologize."

"For what?"

"Accusing me of shit that you should know that I wouldn't do."

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Everything you just said."

She shook her head disappointedly and stood up to pick up Kierra who was on the floor crawling.

"Gimme my baby." I demand. She hands her to me.

I kissed my baby girl. "Da-da-da-da-da." She pronounces getting me hype. "Don't worry mamas, I love you more than I love your momma."

I watched Teyana give me the middle finger and then switch out of the room.

*
{December 20th}
Teyana.

He has me feeling guilty now, it's one thing to take me to a Kendrick Lamar concert but it's a whole other thing to take me to a concert and meet and greet. Like Keenon's smarter than that, there's a reason why I like Kendrick so much and Keenon has to see that...it's obvious. It's not his music.

Keenon kissed on my neck as we waited in the long line. Thankfully we were next.

Soon enough the guard called: keep it moving sir! So he did. And then me and Keenon walked up.

Kendrick was still looking down at his paper, writing something before looking up at me with an obviously forced grin on his face he looked as is he doesn't want to be here one bit.

He gave me an uneasy feeling and then said, "Teyana."

I swallowed, "K-Kendrick."

"Teyana, it's really you. You still in South Central?" He inquires.

"No, I moved to Pico Rivera."

He nodded approvingly, "I live in Hollywood. Maybe we could go out some time. I remember you, you know."

"Y-Yeah, I'd like that."

"Here wright your number."

I did as told, my hand was trembling as I wrote my name and number, knowing that Keenon is going to ask me 21 questions.

*
Keenon.

"I ain't mad at ya." I lie. I ain't mad but I'm a little disappointed that she ain't tell me that she used to be close friends with Kendrick Lamar before I spent hundreds of dollars just I go there and be embarrassed.

"You're not?"

"Nah man."

"Good. I'm so tired babe." She changes the subject.

"Why?"

"I feel like I haven't slept in years."

"Go to sleep then."

"You know what I want for Christmas Keenon?"

"What?"

"A house to myself so that I can sleep all day and rest and watch Judge Mathis and Jerry Spinger in peace."

"Oh that's what you want?" I mentally take notes.

*
{December 25th}
Keenon.

"So we're not going to open our presents?" King as rubbing his eyes and readjusting his head on my shoulder.

"Not yet." I yawned, I'm tired too. Shit it's 7 o'clock in the morning on Christmas Day, I should be asleep until eleven o'clock but Teyana said she wants to be alone so that's what she gets, we're going out to breakfast until I get my first phone call from her.

Before we even made it to the car King was already asleep. I let him lay down on the backseat and just as I sat down my phone starting ringing in my pocket.

"Who the hell..?" I took my phone out of my back pocket and seen that it was my sister so I answered with a annoyed huff.

"Keenon?" By her voice I could tell something was wrong or that she had been crying. "What's wrong?" She sighed and sniffed. "It's momma."

*
{later that day}
Teyana.

He's just been silent and nonchalant about everything something's bothering him I can tell but he won't tell me why even I ask.

I jogged around the house shouting his name. I don't know I where he is, he just disappeared after dinner.

I heard whimpering by the basement door and Chaz was sitting there as if a clue for me to go down there. So I did.

I ran down the steps. "YG?" I yelled. "Babe." I say once I see him sitting on the leather couch smoking weed.

I approached him and then sat on his lap.

"Babe what's wrong." He ignored me but assured me that there is a problem because a tears strolled down his cheek. I wiped it quickly, surprised that he didn't.

"Baby what's wrong?" I asked making him look my way, another tear fell from his eye and he fixed his lips to say something obviously devastating.