Play No Games

{January 3rd}
Teyana.

"And I tried to jump off the swing but I fell and then I got this boo boo." King explains the story of the scrape on his knee while I wash his body.

"Oh, I'm sorry that happened to you buddy what else did you do at your daddy's house?"

"Umm I played with Molly."

"Who is Molly?" My heart drop to my stomach at the thought that Demetrius has a girlfriend let alone the thought of her being around my baby.

"The girl that played Legos with me."

"Oh." I left the situation alone and dried him off and put on his clothes so he can go to bed.

"Goodnight baby."

"Night-night mommy."

"I love you."

"I love you too mommy."

I shut his door on a crack and go in my room. I don't think it is too late to call Demetrius, this is serious.

I lay on my bodiless bed, Keenon is still at work supposably. Who knows what he could be doing.

I call him and he answered on the first ring.

"What's up?"

"Hey. I wanna umm ask you something."

"...okay"

"Umm so umm early I was bathing King and you know he started explaining to me what happened on his knee and then I asked him what else he did and he said he played with a girl named Umm Molly, who is that?"

"Oh Malorie? She's my girlfriend's daughter, she's King's age."

"You have a girlfriend...since when?"

"Three weeks ago, why?"

"Because I mean like I don't mean to sound petty but I don't want a whole bunch of women around my son."

"Our son and you already know I ain't like that. Katrina's a good girl, she teaches kindergarten so she's only going to be a good mentor for King but if you don't want King around her or her daughter I'll make sure that they don't come around besides I like for my time with King to be just us two."

"I just don't want anybody stirring King in the wrong direction, I don't wanna seem petty and by the way you describe her se seems alright, so I guess she may can stick around."

"Alright cool and ugh I got the money to put King in basketball."

"For real?"

"Umm yes."

"Okay thanks I appreciate it."

"Yeah you know how I do."

"Alight well I gotta go."

"Alright bye."

"Bye." I hang up.

Just then my door was opened and Keenon walked in with something behind his back.

"Hey baby." I jump up.

"What's up bae?"

"Nothing I've been just waiting on you all day and night. I ain't seen you since 10 o'clock this morning."

"My bad baby, I was just working, I got a surprise for you."

"Let me see papa."

"Close your eyes ma and put your hands out."