✁ CHAPTER 2

I pressed the bell of the huge door of an even bigger house. I did see the pictures in magazines and online news websites but those pictures seemed so much less beautiful than what it actually is.

The door in front opened and a maid came into my vision.

"This way please"

She says before I could introduce myself.

I followed her into the house. I thought there would be a number of servants here but it seemed quite opposite and vacant.

When we reached the first floor she pointed to the first door on the floor saying,

"Sir is in the room"

She stood there until I moved forward.

I wonder which one of the men in the room is the 'sir' she mentioned.

I knocked on the door and walked in.

"Good Evening, Miss Martin"

Said Mr. Ken putting his phone down from his ear.

"Good Evening, sir"

I said extending my hand for a handshake.

"Oh no don't dont call me Sir, please. I am just a manager here"

He shook my hand anyway.

"Please take a seat"

He offered and I graciously took it by sitting down on the glorious couches chosen very mindfully on the cozy carpet.

"I heard there is a contract-"

I started but could not finish.

The door was knocked and the same maid came in with a tray of tea cups and other offerings I had no interest in. This is the first and possibly the most important turn of my career so far and ahead.

We did not speak while the maid was still there.

"Yes, the contract is ready. Here... take a look"

He said when the maid left, handing me a thin file.

I opened it and started reading each and every line while he kept speaking.

"Dr. Thomas is a highly respectable and experienced doctor in the US. He has been handling every health issue related to the Carter family here and his respectable father before he got his degree in the early 70s. He has no offspring and is turning old maybe that is why he suggested taking your assistance for our young master"

He paused and I took the opportunity to speak.

"But this is a lifelong contract, Mr. Ken"

I say, surprised.

"It certainly is"

He says merging his palms together.

"What if it does not take this much time to cure him?"

I object.

"According to Dr. Thomas,"

He speaks ahead overruling my objection.

"Curing him completely is not possible"

He finished looking satisfied.

"In that case, if that is not curable then what about the cases I might have to take in the future for my career? I can't possibly be stuck in a particular patient all my life who is not even curable like, you mentioned, Mr. Thomas suggested"

I said almost very selfishly but I must be selfish for a career path I paved myself going against my whole family. Becoming a clinical neuropsychologist has not been any easier since I left my house 5 years ago, freshly out of high school.