✁ CHAPTER 3

"Our young master does not really like going out of his house"

Mr. Ken said standing at the front door of the house I was about to leave.

"Mr. Ken, just bring him to the clinic anyhow. I'll manage the rest. Good night, sir"

With a smile, I could actually leave this time.

✄ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈

I had some groceries to be bought before I went back home. I have some really interesting research to be done at home so I decided to just buy some essentials like coffee and meat very quickly.

I was paying the bill when my phone started ringing.

I saw it was mom so I did not pick it up before I was done with all the billing procedures.

"Hello Mom" 

I made my way out of the crowded store.

"Hello, Eri. I was just sitting on the terrace with some tea so, thought of calling you"

She says. I could hear the harsh breeze.

"Is it not cold there? There was a snowfall yesterday so here the streets are pretty cold. Where is Dad? Why are you having tea alone?"

I shot her a number of questions to buy me some time to pay attention on either side while I crossed the road.

Ever since the accident, I have been super skeptical about driving so I mostly avoid it.

"Your dad is out meeting his friends. Don't worry I am not lonely. I was free so thought of calling you. That's all plus Anne is coming home tonight"

She says and I can already imagine a smile on her face while mentioning her favorite child.

"Yeah, she texted me a few days ago that she is coming back with Andy. Why is Dave not coming this time?"

Andy is Anne's sweet little kid and I adore him so much. This makes me want to go back soon as well.

"Exactly why you are not coming, Eri! He must be busy with his job"

She almost shouts on the phone.

I understand her emotions but I can't help it, I am stuck here.

"No worries Mom. At least one of your kids is coming back home for Christmas!"

I say trying to cheer her up.

"Excuse me..."

I whisper as I walk past a few men in front of the apartment lane.

"Oh Eri. I think your dad just came back. I'll go check on him. Good night baby"

She gives me a kiss on the phone.

"Love you too, mom"

With that, I hung up the call.

I hold my bag with the freshly free hand and open the door lock with the other.

Walking inside, I switch on the lights and start my coffee machine.

After freshening up, I take my coffee and the cake I made yesterday.

I sit on the sofa and suddenly the silence in the room brings me back to when I did not spend a single day here alone.

I was about to switch on the TV but my phone rang preventing me from doing what I previously intended to do.

"Good Evening Mr. Thomas! I was going to call you about some queries later. It is great that you called"