✁ CHAPTER 29

Everyone is impatiently looking at me and I am taking my time drinking water to have the energy to narrate everything I need to.

"I don't have so much time to wait here. I have a flight to catch goddamit"

Nate shouts from his chair and I smile involuntarily choking on my glass.

Vivian walks a step ahead but I stop him.

"I've got this"

I say quickly.

"Jason you told me that the Carter family issues contracts like notes, right?"

I ask.

He nods.

"Nate, what contracts did you ask Dr. Steve to sign?"

I ask.

"What do you mean?"

He asks instead and I sigh.

"Look, I do not know if you have a flight to catch tonight or not but I certainly need to reach home tonight so stop wasting my time"

I say secretly starting the recording in the device the policemen gave me a while ago in my pocket.

He looked at me in such a way that he would be more than happy to kill me right now.

"I will speak. Correct me if I go wrong somewhere along the story"

I begin.

"I will begin from halfway and then merge the end with the beginning."

I inform moving ahead confidently.

"Mr. Ken thought if Carter, sorry Vivian, kept staying here then he would find no way out of this hell. Thinking of how Vivian helped him out when he was once targeted in a dirty company politics after Vivian's parents if someone was here who could push him to daylight again was him. So he tried plotting as to what can be a reasonable way without breaking his contract with Nate to bring Vivian back to Mr. Thomas who apparently turns out to be Mr. Ken's family friend. Am I right?"

I ask looking at Mr. Ken who is now sitting in one of the couches.

"Yes, Miss Martin"

He approves.

"Suddenly, about two months ago from now, Dr. Steve was suffering with a contagious disease. Mr. Ken came up with a brilliant Idea. He thought of molding Nate in a way that insisted on taking Vivian back to Mr. Thomas. Nate had important abroad work to deal with, so he agreed. He must have thought to visit Mr. Thomas with the contracts that basically implied giving medicines which kept Vivian's mind numb and drug him, from acting normal and of course keeping his own mouth shut about these dealings. Right Nate?"

I turn to Nate.

"What nonsense is this? Why are you trying to come up with stories?"

He stands up looking furious.

"Sit down or the policeman will come in to take action"

I say sternly and he sits down slowly looking clueless.

"Mr. Ken who knew everything already talked to Mr. Thomas about it and Mr. Thomas came up with an idea of his own which was giving me Carter's case. First to feed his ego and second to hide his head away from the gunpoint but what he told Mr. Ken was that I am a passionate psychologist and I would somehow find a way to cure Vivian without breaking the contract as well"

I looked at Mr. Ken and he nodded with pride.

"But I was never offered any such contract at all. Mr. Ken although did not know that"