✁ CHAPTER 28

I mailed Dr. Zain everything yesterday but I don't have time to waste anymore waiting for his reply.

I searched inside my purse and I could see the two pills from yesterday.

Shit. I forgot to tell Carter not to take any medicines until I come back. I hope he will decide to not take any, especially after I took his medicines yesterday.

I looked out of the cab window.

It feels like an adventure to roam around a city you know nothing of just for the sake of someone who has suddenly become so important to you that you don't fear anything anymore.

I am yet to find what the other capsule holds.

I asked Jason to give me the address of a good medicinal shop to review medicines.

"We are here, mam"

The driver says stopping the car by the side of the road.

I get out of the car after paying the bill.

I look around trying to find the hoarding that holds the name of the shop Jason told me of.

"Excuse me?"

I asked a passerby.

"Yes?"

She turned around and I showed her the location Jason sent me.

"There. That one"

She pointed to one of the shops.

I threw thanks to her and went inside the shop. It was in the extreme corner of the wide road.

I walked inside and stopped in front of the counter.

"Hello"

Smiled the lady in front.

"Hello. This is Erica Martin, a neuropsychologist"

I said handing her over my card.

"I would need you to tell me which medicine is this"

I gave her the capsule that showcased no name.

She examined my card for a while and then took the capsule smiling brightly.

"Sure. I'll be back"

With that, she went inside and soon after called one of the guys at the other counter of the shop.

I was browsing through my phone while waiting impatiently.

"Ahem"

She walks back inside with the capsule and the man she called inside a few minutes ago.

"Did you find out what that is?"

I asked pointing at the open capsule in the white plate.

"We did"

She said placing the little plate on the counter with a shadowed expression.

"And?"

I asked impatiently for I have no time for expressions now.

"It is not a recognized medicine. In fact, it is not a proper medicine"

She said and I frowned looking back at the plate.

"Then what is this?"

I ask.

"Cocaine"

She replied pretty quickly.

"What?"

My voice raised unintentionally.

"Yes it is"