✁ CHAPTER 6

I was so tired last day that I did not even dream anything.

As a result, I feel so fresh and energized today. I intentionally took a day off from the clinic because I have some important research work to do but I don't know where to start.

I will figure it out on the way. First of all, I'll need to get out of my house.

Packing my bag and putting on the woolen scarf around my neck, I head out with the keys.

I did not meet any of my neighbors on my way out, which adds to my luck today.

I had taken all the information regarding the hospital Carter was immediately taken to after his head injury. I hop on the bus and plug in my AirPods to listen to some of my winter favorites.

✄ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈

When I reached the hospital it had started getting cloudier. It might snow tonight. The very thought of snowfall lifted up my mood.

I was almost jumping inside the hospital when I heard someone call me from the waiting corner.

"Miss Martin?"

I turn to the side to see a young man, who might be younger than me, standing up from a chair.

"Yes, that's me. You are?"

I step forward.

"Hey, I am Jason. Carter's manager's son if that makes it easier for you to know who I actually am"

He greets, with a sunshine grin.

He is definitely younger. 

Why did I think he was one of those flyer guys? I can't even laugh here.

"Oh hey, Jason. What are you doing here?"

I say after we are done with smile exchanges.

"Can we sit and talk?"

He whispers looking at the receptionist who is apparently looking at her computer screen.

"Okay"

I hesitated a bit but then decided to follow him outside the hospital.

"There is a park in the distance but that would be very unnecessary so we can talk while walking"

He says shivering and rubbing his hands together.

"Okay. Tell me what do you have to talk about?"

I say looking at the road ahead.

"I heard Dad talk to you on call yesterday. So, I was clear you were going to show up in the hospital someday soon. It was just a rushed decision to come here and wait and guess what? I was so damn right"

He looked and sounded proud.

"What's your age kid?"

I almost laughed.

"Just turned 19 two months back. Technically not a kid, miss"

He looked a bit agitated now.

"So why did you want to meet me?"

I say looking serious again.

"It's about Vivian..."

He said but then paused all of a sudden.

I looked at him but he was looking at his moving feet, very evidently thinking of something else.

"So you got rights to call him by his name? Lucky you"