✁ CHAPTER 20

(A/N: Chapter twenty yay~!)

The next day went away like a storm. I spent the whole day packing and going out to buy stuff. I even had to take a day off and Mr. Ken seemed very okay with that.

I do not use anxiety pills because they can be dangerous in the long run but I pack them in case of some grave emergency.

I went out yesterday after packing almost everything to see the beautiful lights and glorious decorations in our town. I even thought of baking a cake but that would be hard to carry around so I mentally thought of requesting the Carters when I reach there to let me bake one.

When I reached their house with my bags in the cab, there was a bus waiting and a Porsche waiting outside their house.

Is he actually going to make me drive?

I shiver.

The servants take my luggage and I walk inside the gate to find Mr. Ken in the garden aisle.

"Hello, Miss Martin. Have they taken your pieces of luggage?"

He asks looking up from his phone.

"Yes they did"

I smile.

"Everything is ready. What do you suggest, should we give the young master a sleeping pill for the journey?"

He asks and I partly frown.

"Is it necessary? I think we should ask him first"

I say.

"Looking at his behavior, I don't think we need to. He did not have the morning medicine though. I asked the maid not to pressurize him today"

He says smiling at the approaching Carter.

I wonder if he will sleep in the car like he does every day in his room.

Mr. Ken says looking at Carter who is wearing a casual shirt with black pants, and neatly combed hair.

"Is she ready?"

He asks, not looking at me.

I frown.

Carter smiles and walks toward the open gate.

"Miss Martin, I truly believe he is getting better"

Mr. Ken says with watery eyes looking at Carter's back.

"You love him like your own kid, don't you?"

I ask, finding myself finally comfortable enough to ask anyway.

"How can I not? I have seen him since the first day of his life. I have seen him grow. He has stood up by my side when a nasty misunderstanding happened in the company. Whatever I am today in the company is because of my young master. Everything bad that affects him, affects me in some way too"

He says rubbing his eyes.

"I see"

I patted his shoulder gently.

"Doc! Good morning"

Says Jason coming out of the house with his bags.

"And this lad is always late"

Mr. Ken looked back at Jason and hurried him to the bus.

"Oh yes. Our young master has requested you to accompany him in the car"

He says looking at me with a smile.

"Will you?"

He asks.