✁ CHAPTER 24

I wake up yawning hard to find myself in my room.

At first, I was blank but after a while, I realized I fell asleep in Vivian's room yesterday.

Well, it's not like he sleeps at night so maybe he brought me back.

I found myself blushing at that thought so I quickly stood up from my bed toward the balcony door and opened it widely letting the fresh air fly in.

I sit near my suitcase and open it to find a suitable dress to wear for breakfast.

There is still time for the clock hand to strike nine. They usually have breakfast at nine, as suggested by Mr. Ken.

I open the zip and mentally curse myself looking at the the wrapped gifts I was supposed to give them yesterday.

When Jason gave me a perfume set yesterday after dinner before he left, I thought I'd quickly go to my room and bring him the watch I brought for him but Nate caught me in his conversation and I forgot everything I was supposed to do.

I sigh and keep the two boxes on the bedside table after tying my hair in a bun.

I walk inside the bathroom and flash water on my face until I feel the cold stretching farther into my skin.

I hold the basin and stare at my clear imprint in the mirror.

"A lot of things happened yesterday but I did not get the time to actually think of them"

I whisper to myself as the stream of water runs down my face to my neck.

I brush my teeth looking at myself through the mirror thinking about how Carter's behavior changed as soon as we reached his house. He is scared of something and certainly not someone. Or I might be wrong.

I gargle in the process.

I know he won't tell me so I did not even try to ask him directly.

Nate intentionally kept the door open last night as he left but why?

I was not sure why until I saw him peeking through the little corner of the open door after a while. Maybe it was his way of alarming someone to come to Vivian and calm him down. I am so sure because after yesterday it is pretty evident that they were once very close but not anymore. Probably after Carter's head injury, they went apart but that does not change Nate's concern for his younger brother.

Vivian's part of the story is yet to be derived though.

I wipe my face with the soft towel on the counter.

I take out the notepad to write on the bed after quickly glancing over to the clock.

There was a positive part to yesterday as well.

Firstly, Carter controlled his anger and his brain worked actively after making a wrong decision in the party yesterday.

I looked up at the open window to think and I continued bulleting again.

Secondly, and of course, most importantly, I found a proper trigger for Carter as well.

His Nanna.

His Nanna seems to play the key role in the maze I am running inside where the only cue I own is Vivian.

Losing his Nanna scares him and triggers him to a great extent.

The people here are so confusing.

Where was Mr. Ken yesterday at the party? I could not find him at all as the night grew.

Even Lee was out of sight after the incident and none of the men he was talking to before that.

What can be the motive?