Book 2: The Hope Devourer

3rd POV 

The scene opens up to show a House at the edge of a Lake where Children were heard laughing, then cut inside the house to show things around the House like a picture of an Older Vox Machina. 

Scanlan: "And though it was mainly the brave Scanlan Shorthalt who slayed the dreaded dragon Umbrasyl and freed the city of Westruun from its tyranny. the rest of Vox Machina also contributed in Minor yet unspecified ways. The end."

Grandson: Ooh, read it again, Grandfather. 

Granddaughter: can you, please? The Dragon Part was so Scary.

Grandson: so scary.

Scanlan: Oh, I-I don't know. It's, it's almost time for bed. What does your mother say?

Kaylie: Well, all right. Maybe one more Story. Then Off to bed with ye.

The camera pans over to look at an Older Kaylie. 

Scanlan: *chuckles* All right. Gather round, Kids. You're about to hear how I single handedly led Vox Machina through the ancient mines of Kraghammer. Uh, wait. What? 

The words in the book quickly changed into the words "Wake up!".

Scanlan: "Wake up"? I, uh... 

Vax: Scanlan, come on, man. Open your eyes. Come on, Shorthalt, please! 

Scanlan: You have to wake up!

The scene changes to show Scanlan passed out.

Vax: Aw, fuck it. 

Vax grabs Scanlan's chest hair and rips it off as Scanlan cries out. 

Scanlan: Vax! What in the hell? I was having the best dream. 

Vax: Well, welcome back to your worst nightmare.

Scanlan: Huh? Oh. Oh, Shit.

The Camera pans away from them to Show Yamikumo and Grog holding on to the rope.

Pike: That was their Plan? Go up its ass?

Vex: Well, we are talking about Scanlan.

Percy: This is disastrous. We'd need a sky ship to catch them.

Vex: Or maybe we don't. Ready, Kiki?

Keyleth: Let's Fly.

Keyleth closed her eyes before opening them as she grew in size. She was in her giant Hawk form.

they quickly took to the skies and chase after Umbrasyl

Vex: Damn it. That thing can move.

Percy: Steady, Keyleth. 

Pike: Shoot it now.

Percy aimed his rifle at Umbrasyl but Grog and Yamikumo were in the way.

Percy: I don't have a clean shot.