Anticipation

A week had passed and Harriet was due for her next occlumency lesson.

Between DA meetings and increased homework in the lead up to their OWLs, Harriet had barely had time to think about her previous occlumency lesson. The DA crew was coming along in leaps and bounds.

All through class Harriet was distracted.
Hagrid was guiding the class through the diet of flobberworms when she zoned out.

She was deeply embarrassed by what Snape had seen in her mind during their last lesson. She found it surprising that he hadn't taunted her about it. She wondered what he had made of it.

The feeling of his calloused palm in hers had been...surprisingly calming.

What exactly had he meant by different? Was there another way to block your mind from legillimency - maybe a magical object she could use? Like a hat?

A sharp dig in the ribs brought her back to her senses. "Oi Harri, I think we're supposed to feed the flobber worms."

As she and Ron fed their worm Harriet did her best to avoid making eye contact with Malfoy. She shuddered to think that Snape had seen that too. He was right, she really did need to work on those defences.

Part of her was hesitant, but another part of her hummed with anticipation for the night ahead.