Chapter-19

Jeon Jennie

                                                        Jeon Jennie

I surveyed the contents of my closet, the internal debate on what to wear reaching its peak. After what felt like the hundredth time, I settled on a dress that some might deem too revealing. However, I couldn't be bothered by the opinions of others.

A final glance in the mirror, a quick adjustment to my hair, and I blew a playful kiss to my reflection before confidently stepping out the door

I stepped into the vibrant club, the thumping music setting the rhythm for the night. Scanning the lively crowd, I spotted my best friend, Rosè, and weaved through the pulsating bodies to reach her.

"Hey Rosie," I greeted, a wide smile on my face.

Rosè pivoted around with a sarcastic smile. "I thought you were never going to show up."

"Well, I did," I replied. "By the way, did you see Jungkook?"

"I came a few minutes ago, so no," Rosè replied, scanning the room. Just then, I felt a familiar 5'10 figure behind me.

"Hey, Noona."

I faced Jungkook with a smile, and he reciprocated, saying, "Let me introduce you to my friends."

"Sure, you coming Rosie?" I inquired.

"I'll join you later; Lisa said she'll come soon," Rosè responded.

I pivoted to face Jungkook, a grin forming on my lips. "Lead the way, Kookie."

He adeptly manoeuvred through the animated crowd, introducing me to his friends. Among the six faces, my eyes immediately found Taehyung.

Apologies for the oversight. Let's include Suga's introduction in the narrative:

"Hey, guys, meet my older sister, Jennie," Jungkook said, and I offered a small wave, my attention lingering on Taehyung.

"Hey, I'm Jimin," a guy with a cheerful smile introduced himself, extending a hand for a friendly shake.

"Namjoon," said another, his demeanor calm and collected.

"I'm Jin," a man with a worldwide handsome aura greeted with a charming smile.

A guy with an energetic vibe and bright pink hair spoke next, "Hobi! Nice to meet you!"

A quiet but sharp-looking guy nodded in acknowledgment. "I'm Yoongi."

The introductions continued, each person contributing to the vibrant mix of personalities.

                                                   Kim Taehyung

                                                   Kim Taehyung

I couldn't take my eyes off Jennie; she looked stunning in that dress. However, my enjoyment was interrupted by a few motherfuckers who were shamelessly staring at her. I made a mental note to deal with them later.

As we stood there, a couple of girls approached us. I recognized one of them as Lee Rosè, a highly successful doctor. According to my research, she grew up in Australia, and the Lee family shared a close connection with the Jeons, which explained why Jennie and Rosè were best friends.

One of the girls tapped Jennie on the shoulder, and she turned around. "Lisa!" they both instantly embraced. I knew Lisa from my extensive research—she's a photographer currently interning at one of South Korea's biggest companies. Unlike Jennie and Rosè, Lisa's family isn't wealthy, and they reside in Thailand. Lisa also works part-time as a librarian to manage her expenses. She and Jennie became close friends during Lisa's brief stint as a photographer in Jennie's company almost three years ago, and they've been inseparable since. Through all my investigations, Jennie's circle of friends seemed quite impressive.