Chapter-33

Kim Taehyung

                                                         Kim Taehyung

As the meeting unfolded, the room filled with various business representatives, including the distinguished Ivan Petrov. My attention was immediately drawn to Jennie, who appeared wholly engrossed in the proceedings. A subtle smirk played on my lips as I noted the businessman's evident interest in my girlfriend.

The observant gaze of Ivan Petrov did not escape me, acknowledging Jennie's unwavering focus on me and the subtle yet constant connection we maintained throughout the meeting.

As the meeting concluded and Mr. Jeon dismissed everyone, I and Jennie prepared to leave. However, Mr. Jeon halted me with a gesture, requesting a brief private conversation.

"Can I talk to you for a moment, Mr. Kim?" he inquired.

"Of course," I responded, turning to Jennie with a reassuring smile. "Wait for me outside, sweetheart."

Jennie nodded, her expression a mix of curiosity and understanding, as she exited the meeting room, leaving Mr. Jeon and me alone.

"Mr. Kim, I hope you understand the responsibility that comes with dating my daughter." Mr. Jeon expressed.

"I do, Mr. Jeon. I care about Jennie deeply, and I would never do anything to hurt her." I assured him.

"I wanted you to be really gentle with Jennie. She went through a lot; she has a traumatic past due to an incident three years ago," Mr. Jeon shared.

"I genuinely want to understand her past and help her heal. I want her to feel safe enough to share it with me, to trust me completely. I'll do everything within my capabilities to bring her happiness and comfort." I conveyed.

"That's good to hear, Mr. Kim. Just remember, she's my only daughter, and her happiness means the world to me. I trust you'll take care of her," Mr. Jeon acknowledged, and I affirmed my commitment.

Exiting Mr. Jeon's office, I found Jennie awaiting my return.

"What did my father talk to you about?" she inquired.

"Oh, just some grown-up stuff. It's a secret, Angel," I replied, eliciting a teasing response from Jennie.

"Well, I guess I'll have to find a way to make you spill the secret," she playfully remarked.

"Good luck with that," I chuckled, and together, we left the building hand in hand, ready to continue our day.

"Where would you like to have lunch?" I asked Jennie.

"I'm not sure," she replied.

"How about that new restaurant that opened up nearby?" I suggested.

"The Urban Bistro?" Jennie confirmed.

"Yeah, that one," I said.

"I went there with Rosé once; the food is really good. Let's go there," Jennie decided.