Chapter-29

Jeon Jennie

                                                   Jeon Jennie

From my childhood love for sketching and fashion, I worked hard to build my own brand. Despite the luxuries, fear from my past lingered, making it hard to feel safe with anyone except family and friends. Yet, there was one exception—the man sitting across from me. In his presence, I found a rare sense of safety, a comfort that surpassed the privileges of my life.

The meeting was in full progress, and my eyes met Taehyung's gaze. In that moment, my heart skipped a beat, captivated by an unspoken connection that transcended the confines of the room.

As the meeting concluded, a surge of courage propelled me forward, guiding my steps toward Taehyung. He noticed my approach and halted, giving me a curious yet welcoming look.

"Hey," he greeted, his warm smile encouraging me to continue.

"Hi, uh, areyoufreetomorrow?" I blurted out in a single breath, nerves tingling.

Taehyung, momentarily puzzled by the rapid question, sought clarification. "I beg your pardon?"

Collecting myself, I took a deep breath and repeated more slowly, "Are you free tomorrow?" A soft chuckle escaped Taehyung as he observed my nervousness.

"I'm always free for you, sweetheart," he replied with a teasing glint in his eyes, adding a playful touch to the unexpected invitation.

"I'll pick you up from your company then," I stated, mustering as much confidence as I could.

"Sure, why not? What time?" Taehyung inquired, and a mischievous grin adorned my face.

"It's a surprise," I replied, letting a playful air envelop our upcoming rendezvous. The anticipation in his eyes mirrored the curiosity building within me, creating an atmosphere of shared excitement for the surprise that awaited us.

 The anticipation in his eyes mirrored the curiosity building within me, creating an atmosphere of shared excitement for the surprise that awaited us

I'm again suffering with writer's block 🙃