Chapter-45

Jeon Jennie

                                                   Jeon Jennie

"Yes, that's perfect. Thank you." I said, ending the call. My phone had been buzzing with calls all day. With my new collection set to launch in a month, I hadn't found a moment to call Jisoo. She's a lawyer and an expert in hacking and computer stuff. I knew she could uncover what's going on with Taehyung.

After hours of hassle with meetings, discussions on designs, and finalizing materials for the new collection, I finally had a moment to myself. It was lunch time, and I sat down with a plate of dumplings. As I ate, I called Jisoo. After a few rings, she picked up.

"Hey Jenduek," she greeted, using her playful nickname for me.

"Hi unnie," I replied, rolling my eyes. "Can we meet later today?"

"Of course. At our favorite cafe?" she suggested.

"Yeah, that would be great," I agreed.

"Should I call the others?" she asked.

"No, I want to talk to you in private," I said.

There was a brief pause before she responded, "Sure, Jen. Is something wrong?"

I took a moment before answering, "I'll tell you about it when we meet. I have a lot of work right now."

"Okay, I'll see you then. Take care," she said.

"You too. Bye," I replied, taking another bite of my dumpling.

About an hour later, my phone rang, and it was Taehyung. "Hey sweetheart, where are you?" he asked.

"I'm at the office, why?" I replied.

"Would you mind if I came over?" he asked.

"Sure," I answered.

"See you in a few minutes," he said before ending the call.

I quickly tidied up my desk, clearing away the remnants of lunch and straightening my workspace. A few minutes later, there was a gentle knock on my office door.

"Come in," I called out, and Taehyung stepped inside, looking effortlessly handsome in a casual yet stylish outfit.

"Hey," he greeted me with a warm smile, crossing the room to give me a quick kiss. "Busy day?"

I nodded, motioning for him to sit on the couch. "Yeah, lots of last-minute details to finalize for the new collection. How about you?"

"Just some meetings," he replied, sitting down and looking around my office. "You always look so in control here. It's impressive."

I blushed at his compliment, feeling a mix of pride and self-consciousness. "Thanks, Tae. So, what brings you here?"

He hesitated for a moment, then said, "I just wanted to see you. I've been thinking about our conversation last night, about your insomnia. I was worried."