Chapter-40

Jeon Jennie

                                                       Jeon Jennie

"I'm going to take you somewhere," he said after we finished our meal. "But I'm afraid you might not like it."

I looked at him, puzzled. "Why not?"

Now I understood why he thought I wouldn't like it. We were currently practicing how to throw punches and kicks. I had boxing gloves on while Taehyung wore the punch mitts. I was sweating profusely, and we were both in workout outfits that seemed to have been prepared ahead of time.

The admission of discomfort amid the rigorous training served as a candid acknowledgment of physical strain. "You were right about me not liking this," I confessed, my breath punctuating the exertion. Taehyung, undeterred, urged me to continue. "Come on, throw another punch," he demanded, the sternness in his tone underscoring the uncompromising nature of martial training.

Expressing fatigue, I whined, "I'm tired," only to be met with a dismissive shake of his head. "Is that the best you can do, sweetheart?" he questioned, a subtle challenge lingering in the air. Seeking reprieve, I resorted to a time-honored tactic, batting my eyelashes with a pleading look. "Can we take a break?" I implored, adding a heartfelt "Please" for emphasis.

In response to my appeal, Taehyung relented, albeit begrudgingly. "Fine, only for 5 minutes," he conceded. Unwilling to settle for a mere five, I countered with a pout, pushing for a more generous respite. "Fine, we'll do 10 minutes," he acquiesced. Determined to secure an extended break, I playfully suggested "20," to which he countered with "15." Finally settling on the compromise, I nodded happily, embracing the forthcoming 15-minute interlude with a newfound sense of relief.

Sitting on the ground, I took a deep breath, feeling the exhaustion from the workout. Taehyung joined me and I rested my head on his shoulder. "I'm sweating like crazy," I commented. He ran his fingers through my hair. "And yet you still look gorgeous," he complimented. I laughed. "Why are you teaching me all this?" I asked. Taehyung responded, "It's for self-defence, sweetheart, so you can protect yourself."

"But it's so exhausting," I whined, and he chuckled. "You're adorable when you whine," he said, playfully tapping his nose against mine. In that moment, his laughter and the playful gesture made everything feel perfect.

After our short break, Taehyung resumed the training, guiding me through various self-defence moves. Despite the physical exertion, I felt a sense of security knowing that he was teaching me to protect myself.

As the sun began to set, we wrapped up our impromptu training session. Taehyung looked at me with a proud smile. "You did great, sweetheart. Remember, it's not about strength but technique. You'll get the hang of it."

I nodded, feeling a mix of exhaustion and accomplishment. Taehyung took my hand, and we headed back to his car. Suddenly, my phone started ringing. I glanced at the caller ID, and it was Jungkook. I exchanged a quick look with Taehyung, who nodded, and I answered, "Hey, Kook."