Extra #7 Days with Jay Walker

Although this is 'Days with Jay Walker' there's a lot of things going on when he's not the only one around, that is actually the case in most of these. Now, enjoy!

"Hya! Ugh!" Groans escaped Cole's mouth as he punched and kicked a punching bag in the monastery's yard. If he hadn't been there, the monastery yard could be called entirely isolated, since there was nothing else making noise in the yard.

There was of course (y/n), who was watching the soon-to-be black ninja train from only a meter or two away from him, holding a clean towel in his hands.

"You've improved quite drastically, congratulations." (y/n) suddenly spoke as Cole stopped his training for a bit.

"Heh, thanks." He answered the other a bit bashfully as (y/n) offered him the towel. Cole took it from him with another quick "Thank you", before wiping down his face and neck. He handed the towel back to (y/n) before getting right back into training.

(y/n) heard a few shuffles and noises from the other side of the monastery wall, and quickly placed the towel down further away, before speaking up.

"Continue on your own, I'll open the door for Sensei." He said before rushing to the doors of the monastery. Earlier on the same day, Sensei Wu had gone out for a walk, leaving (y/n) to help Cole train for a while. But now he had returned, or so (y/n) guessed.

(y/n) opened the doors and opened his mouth to greet his Sensei.

"Welcome back Sen-" (y/n)'s sentence was cut off by a loud scream.

"AAAAGHH!! WHO ARE YOU?!?!" A boy with brown hair had let out as (y/n) stared at the rather loud visitor. He didn't answer, instead turned to Sensei Wu.

"Sensei, who is this rather... loud guest you've brought with you?" (y/n) asked as Sensei Wu had stepped into the monastery, the brown haired stranger jumping right inside as well.

"This is Jay, my newest student." (y/n) was taken back, and immediately rushed to bow to the brown haired boy called Jay without break.

"Please excuse my rudeness! I truly didn't know!" (y/n) panicked as he bowed one more time, before taking a deep breath to calm himself down.

"I am (y/n), and I'll be assisting you on all I can, master Jay." Jay laughed awkwardly before stopping to process (y/n)'s words.

"Master Jay? Whahahaa! Now this is cool! But uhm, you don't have to call me that. Heh." Jay laughed out again, this time with a more relaxed tone as Cole walked over.

"What's the fuss, (y/n)? And who are you?" Cole asked as he crossed his arms, seeming to be annoyed by having his training interrupted.

"Cole, meet Jay. He is Sensei's newest student. He will be joining us from now on." (y/n) explained as Cole looked Jay up and down.

"This guy? You sure?" Cole asked again as a sour look formed on Jay's face. But before he could say anything, (y/n) shook his head.

"Yes, him. Show at least some respect. You have also only been here for a week, you two are both new." Cole scoffed as Jay's offended face faded back to neutral.

"Shouldn't I be like his senior then, since I've been here longer? Like he should at least call me... 'The Great Cole'." Cole joked, but Jay didn't seem to have found it funny, but (y/n) surely had. (y/n) let out a small laugh before stopping abruptly like he had acted out of line, and clearing his throat. 

"Yes, you've been here longer, that's exactly why you should show him around while I talk to Sensei." (y/n) said before turning to Jay.

"I'm sure you two will get along well, master Jay. But getting used to new people can take some time." He smiled, before leaving the two students by themselves. (y/n) approached Sensei Wu, who was drinking tea on the porch.