Chapter 4: Are We Like Friends Now?

YOK's POV

My friends kept telling me how Dan is nothing but trouble. It's been a crazy few months between us, mostly spent fighting and making up. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one tired.

Now when my phone rings, I'm filled with dread. How did it come this far?

Then Ray's face flashes through my mind. Damn it, not only am I a god damned cheater, it turns out I might be developing an unhealthy attachment to the pretty rich boy whom I was cheating with.

Remembering the first night we met. It was one of those nights, Dan had picked me up from the garage, we hadn't seen each for more than a week because we had a fight. Not even an hour later, Dan and I had started raising our voices and I got pushed hard, I ended up with a bruise on my back.

Before Dan could even finish his apology, I was out of there. Remembering that Namo had given me some paints and brushes as a birthday present, saying instead of the canvas, sometimes the walls help better. You don't have to think about making a masterpiece, you just let your emotions flow, it's meant to be therapeutic, not necessarily overly creative.

Taking the supplies and driving around, finally coming into an abandoned mansion. The place looked like it could use whatever life I could infuse into my painting, so at 10pm I found myself, creating with abandon.

The time passed, unnoticed as I poured all the things that are longing to get out of my chest into every stroke of the paint brushes. Until, a pretty boy with an overconfident stride had come down the old stairs. Briefly I felt tense, thinking only a crazy psycho will not mind staying upstairs where it's pitch dark, what the hell was he doing there?

Then he initiated a conversation. I tried to ignore him, all I wanted to do was finish my painting and at least feel that the anger had been properly re-channeled into something beautiful.

He talked like a batshit crazy psycho but my god isn't he a very pretty psycho! Those arrogantly perfect lips paired with beautiful bedroom eyes framed by thick eyebrows and long lashes, straight long nose and chiseled cheekbones. This boy was made perfectly as his honey toned skin almost glows in the moonlight that seeps through the curtain less windows.

Admittedly I hadn't had sex in a month, all the fighting must have done me in because I couldn't even get it hard with Dan.

I couldn't figure it out, all I knew was that I got hard & I got very hard fast. So much for my theory that the recent events in my life made me psychologically impotent.

Was the attraction caused by that prince-like demeanor when he was walking down the stairs? Or was it the way he had threatened to call the cops on me? Maybe it was the way he had shaken that amber whiskey while so passionately explaining to me how he had run away from his friends who had stood between him and his love affair with alcohol? Or was it the way he had boldly propositioned me? I don't remember but I remember how I was already leaking pre cum by the time he ran his fingers from my neck to my collarbones.

From the moment my lips had touched his, it became clear to me, Dan and I are done. There was no going back. As my lips had crashed with Ray's, just very briefly, it occurred to me how different this feels from what I felt with Dan's lips. Dan was a good kisser but Ray is a fucking divinity and I felt omnipotent with a single touch of his lips.

"What are you thinking about with that manic smile on your face?" Hia Gumpa had come in without me noticing. The wrench I was holding had clattered as I got startled.

"Nothing Hia. I was thinking about what to get for dinner," Shit why do I come up with the lamest excuses ever.

Laughing Hia said, "Good for you then, I haven't seen you smile like that for a few months now and you are smiling like that for food?".