Chapter 30: Bend or Break (Part 3)

YOK

YOK

"So where's your pretty boyfriend?" James asked me when I went to the garage.

"James stop teasing Yok. You better finish what you're working on, the client said he is picking that up after his work," Hia chastened James who grinned.

"He hid him, afraid I'd steal him away," Lax commented as he went to fetch a part he needed to replace what he was working on. Yeah. Lax is Bisexual. He lived in Bangkok for awhile but eventually went back home, when he got his heart broken by a man.

"You'll never be able to do that Bro, sorry," I smiled at him confidently.

"Ohoh! With the way you are treating him, how confident are you he'll have the patience to stay with your bitchy ass," Lax countered.

"Guess you'll have to wait and see then," I smiled as I happily went back to fixing Ray's car. Come to think of it, why the hell would this car suddenly need a lot of parts replaced, when he has staff at home to take care of maintenance. There's something I'm missing here.

Ray must be exhausted because he was still asleep when I finished my shift. He had been knocked out for at least 4 hours. I slowly went to the bathroom to take a shower, not wanting to go out looking like a homeless man beside Ray, making sure to shave finally.

I was buttoning my jeans when Ray huskily spoke from the bed, "hey you're here. I'm sorry I was so tired, I haven't slept much the last two weeks. How was work?" he slowly sat down and stretched. He looked so tempting I almost don't want to go out anymore. 

"Yok?" he eyed me curiously, walking over to where I am. When his touch landed on my skin, It was like I was electrocuted back to my senses. Suddenly my whole body is alive and fuckingly aware that Ray's chin and the rest of his body is on my back. The heat seeping to my still naked upper body.

"I'm okay. Sorry. Just thinking about something. Do you mind letting me finish dressing?" I sounded harsher than intended. I watched as Ray's enthusiasm deflated and he stepped back. Immediately going to the bathroom. I could hear him washing his face. 

It's strange to hold this much power over Ray when all this time I was the one who felt like a dog begging his master for some bones. I immediately felt sorry. I guess I'm not good at being mad at him. Scratching my head, I went outside the room, smoking while I waited for Ray to finish fixing himself.

We walked side by side quietly, Ray acting subdued I still felt apologetic I killed his excitement. But instead of saying sorry, I asked him, "Do you want to have dinner first?" 

"Wouldn't the shops be closed by then?" Ray wondered looking around.

"In case it's not obvious, there's no shops around here, Ray. You'll have to settle for stalls. This is a night market, so they'll be open until late. They're not your usual clothes but at least, they'll be new and your size," I told him.