Chapter 21: Back to Square One

YOK

YOK

Sean only asked if I was alright once and when he saw me nod, he didn't say anything much, he drove us back to the garage in silence. The thing about Sean is he doesn't pry and he knows sometimes words are just useless. That is why at times when I'd rather not talk, it's always Sean whom I turn to.

He went to the fridge in the garage and got a six pack of beer, throwing one to me and I just said a simple thanks.

"Was that Ray's neighborhood?" Sean asked.

"Yeah..." I nodded, looking at the dark skies outside visible with the open roll up doors.

"They almost didn't let me in," he scoffs. Showing his machine oils stained hands.

"I'm sorry for making it difficult for you and Thanks man," I say quietly.

"Everything alright?" He asked, drinking his beer.

"Not really, but I'm not ready to talk. Hope that's okay," I simply say.

"Of course. Of course. If you want someone to drink with, you know where to find me," he said easily.

"Yes. Thanks Sean. Where's White by the way?" I queried.

"With his twin and Gram. I think there's something weird with Gram and Black... have you noticed? Black's spending all his time with Gram ever since the accident. Even now when he's back in his apartment," Sean scratched his head, confused.

I smiled, trying to stop myself from full blown laughing. I was wondering how long before everyone catches up.

"I can tell you know something I don't", Sean observed.

"Talk to your brother in law Sean, can't even tell you about my own problems, I certainly won't meddle in Black's," I scoffed.

RAY

The moment Yok stood up, I felt myself wanting to pull him back but I know Mew is feeling bad right now and he had also been telling the truth, I had been ignoring him. Maybe staying away is the right word. After all he has a boyfriend now. I just didn't expect that the time apart had not made me miss him that much, in fact I had the best time with Yok. But Yok is not the one I love, at least that's what I always believed in. It's Mew. And I told Yok about him right from the start. So instead of stopping Yok from going I made myself keep my attention on Mew's tear streaked face, despite the sudden heavy feeling in my chest with Yok being gone.

I promised Mew that I'll always be there for him no matter what since the day he save me,and I intend to keep that promise. So despite the constant pressure in my chest and the thought of Yok in my head, I made myself return to how things were before Top, before Yok came. I followed Mew around.

I've sent Yok several messages, just a simple how are you and I miss you but no reply ever came. So l eventually realized that Yok has no plan to talk to me again. I guess that's fair. I didn't have to do it that cruelly.