Chapter 22: The Skeleton in the Closet

RAY

RAY

My absentmindedness had finally bitten me in the ass as I just realized where Mew had directed me to go. I was about to stop Mew from going in when I spotted Dan with his hand on Yok and a bouquet of flowers beside him on Yok's bike. Did they get back together? I was going to take another path towards the building but it seems Mew found it necessary to walk towards Yok directly.

Dan had kept his mouth shut this time, looking very different from the aggressive, angry man I met outside Gin's restaurant. He looks more handsome, relaxed and happier, also appearing like he's enjoying the awkward situation as he nonchalantly moves his eyes between the three of us.

I couldn't bring myself to return his casual greeting. I'm still pissed about the past when he almost hurt Yok and an unexplainable feeling is gripping my heart ever since I saw his hand on Yok's shoulders and Yok seemed almost welcoming his presence. For some reason I wanted to rip his hand off and pound on his stupidly handsome face. But why would I do that when I clearly have no right at all when Mew is the one I chose and he is with me now. Sighing inwardly when Mew finally started walking towards the gallery but I couldn't stop myself from apologizing to Yok telling him I didn't know that Mew was going to come here.

All the time we were in the gallery, Yok didn't come back in. He must have left with Dan then. I tried my best to act like nothing's wrong but Boston could tell. I angrily told him why he had to tell Mew about the exhibit but he said that there was no way to get me here fast other than telling Mew. He wanted me to see Dan.

"You know that you are still the meanest and most evil person there ever is, Ton? Do you really like seeing people get hurt? Is this some kind of kink?" My voice was laced with venom as Mew nonchalantly walked around the gallery.

"Hey! I might not know how to properly express myself but I really just wanted to get you here so you can make sure that Dan guy doesn't steal Yok back. Yok did say he knew about Mew and you, what would be the problem if you came here with him?" Ton said defensively, also looking at Mew and Nick who had joined him.

Yeah, Ton had a point but the thing is knowing and feelings are not exactly always aligned. I could tell Yok is avoiding seeing us together and with him not coming back in now that we are here only confirmed that.

YOK

The exhibit had ended a few days after and when everyone who participated in the exhibit was gathered, I was surprised when it was announced that I was the only one who sold out all my artwork. I'm pretty surprised by the information so I chased after the gallery manager when everyone had left.

"Yok I'm sorry but the buyer had requested anonymity. You know in fact he badly wanted the boy from the old mansion painting too. But when I told him I have to call you because you specified that it wasn't to be sold, he immediately withdrew and told me not to call you. Look, all I could tell you is that you have a pretty rich and handsome good friend. Come to think of it, he does resemble the boy from the painting," the manager said as if saying that wasn't going to reveal to me exactly who was crazy enough to spend all that money on my artworks. RAY.